Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dincher Posts: 163, Reputation: 12

Aug 21, 2009, 10:44 PM
    Pretending to be spiritual?
    Why do some people pretend to be spiritual and then they come out suddenly and say, "Oh, I was never a christian" etc. Is it because they've seen something where they've stumbled, or could it be because they never had God's spirit with them?

In the more humanistic-psychological way, if that makes sense lol, why would anyone pretend to be a christian or spiritual (looking at it from that person's point of view). I'm talking about those who are adults and who are independent so there would really be no need to pretend.

Also, how do people lose zeal? And how do they gain it to begin with to even want to be involved? :confused:
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Aug 21, 2009, 11:01 PM

Yes I believe some lose zeal. Some get into it believing it is what they want but then realize they don't.
    Then too you have the people who are into the New Age type stuff that claim being spiritual but not necessarily Christian
    hheath541 Posts: 2,762, Reputation: 584
    Experts

Aug 22, 2009, 12:25 AM

You're assuming that being spiritual and being christian are the same thing. They aren't always. Believers in other religions can be spiritual, as can those who claim no religion.

For all intents and purposes, I have no religion. There are no organized religions that I agree with and believe in. however, I still see myself as spiritual.
    spiritcharms Posts: 230, Reputation: 30

Aug 22, 2009, 04:35 AM

I'm spiritual and believe in spiritual things and interested. I'm a medium,but I'm not religious at all.
    spirit123 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Aug 25, 2009, 01:29 PM

I am a very spiritual person, christianity has nothing to do with my belief! I find the closest religious form for me is budhism.
    mugger Posts: 191, Reputation: 26

Aug 25, 2009, 02:33 PM

I'm also a very spiritual person, but not a christian.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Spiritual Visits [ 12 Answers ]

I have recently had an experience that I don't understand. I was in bed and couldn't sleep as I lay with my eyes closed I felt something jump on the bed and tap me, I thought this was my kitten but realised the door was closed and she could not get into the room. I lay back down and it happened...

What does Spiritual mean to you? [ 15 Answers ]

In your own words what is the meaning of Spirituality? I will give my own meaning at some point, but I want to get different views and feedback from you...

Any spiritual guidance [ 2 Answers ]

:confused: I'm confused and not sure what to do about a couple things in my life and wondered if there is any guidance anyone can give. My husband wants to move and in someways so do I but I'm worried about my mothers reaction and also how I would cope without her. I'm also thinking lots...

View more questions Search