Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Kathypod Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 21, 2009, 12:56 PM
    Do moving co-ordinators need to be bonded & insured?
    I am thinking of starting my own business to help families organize their move. I would provide the following services: organize contents - going to the new location, not going to the new location, packing, cleaning house, painting, small home repairs, preparing home to sell, hiring moving company, disposing of other contents, etc. Is it mandatory that I would be bonded and insured?
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Aug 22, 2009, 01:24 AM
    Hi, Kathypod!

For that type of business, I would think that it would be highly unlikely that you would need to be bonded because of a requirement by some law or ordinance. However, since you'll be handling your clients possessions, it would probably make you look a lot better to your customers, and be in your best interest, if you were bonded.

You'll definitely need at least liability insurance. What kind of liability insurance is difficult to determine here because of the scope of things that you're proposing to do for people. That would be best to be determined by a full-service insurance agent who handles all sorts of insurance needs and requirements.

Thanks!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Bonded and Insured [ 6 Answers ]

How do I get bonded and insured?

Bonded and insured [ 1 Answers ]

I would like to start a small business from home. I work for several agencies, but I know am insured with them and they are bonded. I am Live Scanned (finger printed) and have been doing caregiving work for 20 years. I am a CHHA certified with California. I would like to know how I get Bonded and...

Bonded and Insured [ 4 Answers ]

How do I get myself bonded and insured for a new business?

Bonded and insured [ 2 Answers ]

How does one go about becoming bonded and insured in a cleaning business in Michigan

Bonded and insured [ 1 Answers ]

I'm trying to start a janitorial service, but my credit is not good. How do I go about gettting bonded and insured with bad credit?

View more questions Search