Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rosanna-hope Posts: 109, Reputation: 9

Aug 21, 2009, 11:43 AM
    tongue piercing pain factor?
    okay, so, I really would like my tongue pierced in the next couple of weeks.. so far I have:
    10mm flesh holes in each ear (and one more hole above this on each ear)
    monroe
    nostril
    cartilage (top of ear)
    belly button x2
    I have quite a good pain thresh-hold, didn't flinch at any of the above piercings. So I was wondering if my tongue would be more or less painful than any of those above. I've heard that I can't drink alcohol or eat spicy food which is all okay for me because I do neither and I've also heard I can't eat solids for a while, which will not bother me too much. I know to use alcohol free mouthwash and a toothbrush with a tongue scraper on.. this question is obviously open to people who have had it done.. your advice would be really helpful!
    sexyredbone2323 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 22, 2009, 07:54 AM
    Getting it done is not really painful at all. It just get pretty sore a few hours after and is really swollen when you wake up in the morning the next day.
    mudweiser Posts: 2,750, Reputation: 707
    Ultra Member

Aug 22, 2009, 08:01 AM

Since you have a high pain threshold then it may not even hurt at all.

No one here can tell you how much it'll hurt you-- we're not you and every one of us can handle pain differently.

Good luck to you.

I'm sure you will follow the piercers instructions on how to keep it up :)

Sarah
    Tammariah Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 16, 2010, 06:39 PM
    Ive had mine done for three weeks now, and its doing great. Umm lets see where to start, it doesn't hurt really just a pinch and then its over, but the real pain starts when a few hours after getting I done. You can hardly talk or eat, it will hurt for a good week, and the swelling should not stay longer than two weeks an a half at the most. Make sure to take Ibuprofen , and keep cold things on your tongue to keep swelling to a minimum. And of course follower your piercers aftercare instructions. It takes 4 to 6 weeks to heal, maybe 8 weeks depending on fast your body heals. Hope the piercing goes great!!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tongue piercing [ 5 Answers ]

k, ii just got my tongue pierced, and I'm a smoker... but the lady told me ii couldn't smoke until after six months! But I'm not guna be able to go that long without one... so my question is as long as ii rinse my mouth out after I'm through, can ii have a ciggarette? Oh and 6-9-07 at like between...

Tongue piercing [ 5 Answers ]

I am getting my tongue pierced on Tuesday where can I find a spacer for a tongue ring. Also if I find a spacer can the piercer use that as my barbell. I'm not supposed to have facial piercings for my job?

Tongue Piercing, white tongue, ulcer spot? [ 3 Answers ]

Pierced it 5 days ago. Situated in front of the pierced hole, there is what appears to be an 'ulcer' type looking spot. Can anyone shed some light for me please?:(

Tongue piercing [ 3 Answers ]

Th person that pierced my tongue said that shouldn't eat anything dairy... but I look up tongue piercings and it says you should eat ice cream... why was I told not to?

Tongue piercing [ 1 Answers ]

Hey I just got my tongue pierced yesterday and I was just wondering how long it'll take for the pain to go away?

View more questions Search