Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    morfaccio Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

May 23, 2003, 01:08 PM
    Internal error "main2_w,276"
    Hi,
    I am getting the above message every time I try to run one particular CD-ROM, which just happens to be the one that contains the training programme for the college course I've just started, and it will go no further.
    I'm pretty sure the CD itself is OK as I took it round to a friend and it ran fine on his PC.
    My O/S is Windows 98SE.
    Can anyone suggest what the problem might be ?
    Thanks in anticipation.
    9r735d Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 1, 2003, 03:59 AM
    I don't know what the problem is, but I get a similar monit "main_2,232" starting some course created with Macromedia Director on my 98SE.
    Gullit Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 18, 2003, 02:11 AM
    Hi,
    I am getting the above message every time I try to run one particular CD-ROM, which just happens to be the one that contains the training programme for the college course I've just started, and it will go no further.
    I'm pretty sure the CD itself is OK as I took it round to a friend and it ran fine on his PC.
    My O/S is Windows 98SE.
    Can anyone suggest what the problem might be ?
    Thanks in anticipation.
    psi42 Posts: 599, Reputation: 13

Jul 18, 2003, 11:32 AM
    Well, here are some possibilities:

Something is wrong with the CD
    Something is wrong with the CD drive
    Something is wrong with your motherboard
    Something is wrong with windows

If the error only occurs at a certain time when running the CD, then it will be harder to track down.

If the error occurs right away trying to read the CD, then you can try this:
    Here is a way to see if windows is the problem:

Search Google for a "linux floppy."

Get the image, use it to create a floppy

Boot from the floppy

Try to read the files on the cdrom. You will have to use the command line to do it as the floppy won't have a GUI. Basically:

Mkdir /mnt/cdrom
    Mount /dev/hdc /mnt/cdrom
    Cd /mnt/cdrom
    Ls

And you should see your files. Try reading the cd for a while.

If you need help:), post back here.

OR

If you have two CD-ROM drives, then you can search Google for "knoppix," grab the ISO, burn it, and then boot from the CD into a GUI where you can just click "other CD" to look for your files in a graphical file manager.

~psi42

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fan Blower not working in "ON" or "AUTO" in heat or AC [ 13 Answers ]

Got home from the Brewer game this afternoon and noticed the house was warm(78). Outside was 91. I checked the T-stat and it was set correct. Noticed the air vents weren't blowing anything. Went outside and the condenser and fan was running fine. Then I went downstairs to the furnace unit to see...

Please help me regarding" recovered from serious error" [ 1 Answers ]

My computer keeps crashing or keep rebooting itself every now and then and then it keep giving this comment: •Microsoft Windows The System has recovered from a serious error. A log of this error has been created For more information about this error, click here. •Microsoft Windows Error...

"F" error on Kenmore he3 washer [ 0 Answers ]

I got an "F" error on my washing machine. I can't find the manual to find out what it means. Can anyone help?

"no video codec" error, VCD burning [ 1 Answers ]

Hello! I was trying to burn an "avi" video to VCD.. when I hit the burn button it was trying to convert the "avi" file to "mpeg".. and then it gave me an error saying "no video codec"... Is there a way to fix this? I'd really want to get this done to watch on VCD.. it's a boxing video for my...

View more questions Search