Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hotinfl Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 21, 2009, 09:57 AM
    Condenser Fan stops and starts
    I have a Bryant system and I have replaced the cap and the fan motor on the outside unit. My question is this, should the condenser fan always run when the pump is on or does it regulate the temperature and turn the fan on as needed. I thought it ran constantly as long as the unit was on.

Thanks
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Aug 21, 2009, 11:38 AM
    Most if not all residential units outdoor fans run all the time the compressor is on unless they have a low ambiant kit installed. The low ambiant kit controls the fan at cooler outdoor temperatures to maintain the proper refrigerant operating pressures.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Outside condenser stops running [ 3 Answers ]

Condenser unit outside stopped running. I turned off power to furnace changed battery in thermostat. Turned power back to furnace. Checked voltage at thermostat wires in furnace. Showed good power to thermostat. Checked voltage at power panel for the condenser unit. Reset the breaker. Pulled out...

Well water system: shower stops whole house water stops and starts [ 2 Answers ]

I have a plumbing/well water question. Recently our water flow has been stopping (during a shower or in the sink). The entire house water supply stops. Sometimes there is a noise - like air - as if we've been away for a month. Sometimes there is no noise at all, the flow goes down to a trickle...

Condenser fan stops running after awhile [ 9 Answers ]

I have central air and after the air has been on awhile, the condenser fan stops running. The outside unit is still on because it makes a bit of a racket, just no longer the fan. I don't know what is causing the noise, maybe vibrating, because as soon as I'm aware the fan isn't running, I shut it...

Condenser Fan Overheats and stops running [ 7 Answers ]

Hello, My condenser unis is outside and the Fan kick starts fine when the unit turns on... but then after few minutes the condenser Fan (outside) stops... AC unit continues to run thus only resulting in pumping the hot air... It is happening over and over again... I am in Plano, Texas......

View more questions Search