Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mayurideshpande Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 21, 2009, 12:24 AM
    How to create a website
    I want to create a web site so what are the steps to taken place in development of website
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Aug 21, 2009, 12:26 AM
    Hi, mayurideshpande!

What kind of website would you like to create, please?

Thanks!
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Aug 21, 2009, 05:16 AM

There are two aspects in creating a site. First there is the authoring of the site. This is the programming that allows the site to be viewed in a browser and interact with the viewer. The second is finding a host service to host the site so anyone on the WEB can visit.

What the site will be used for is very key in answering your question. If you just want a simple site where you can just show info, that's fairly easy to do and there are sites where you can use their templates and do it for free.

However, if you want a heavily interactive site like an e-commerce site, this is much more complex and generally require being able to write program code in PHP, Java, ASP or other language.
    mayurideshpande Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 24, 2009, 04:46 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Clough View Post
    Hi, mayurideshpande!

What kind of website would you like to create, please?

Thanks!
    I would lik to know what kind of languages are used to create what is front end and back end used and how to host it, I am working as a software engneer I have the project of designing website it is not yet started so I just wanted to know before I get any training from our company
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Aug 24, 2009, 04:54 AM

There are several languages used in authoring a website. You start with HTML for display of the site. You can then add ASP, Java, PHP and others for making the site more interactive.

As a software engineer you should already be familiar with the terms front and back ends. This is the client/server concept. In terms of WEB pages, the front end is the pages loaded by the user's browser. The back end is the WEB server they are loaded on and the database they interact with.

Hosting means using a WEB server. This could mean a box in your company's server farm running IIS or Apache or it could be a box located with a WEB host service (the recommended way for small to medium size companies).
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Aug 24, 2009, 04:56 AM
    So you are a software engineer and you've never heard of HTML?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to create a own website ? [ 11 Answers ]

How to create a own website?? Basic steps!!

Hi,it's about to create a web [ 2 Answers ]

I would like to know how to find on internet, one site that help people to create their own site web free.

Languages required to create a website [ 1 Answers ]

I am just begiiningto learn web designing. I want to create a website for my portfolio for a course company. I have knowledge in html and basic sql and perl. I am very eager to learn any other programming language or scripting language. Can u guide me as to which languages and graphic software...

View more questions Search