Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Piggley Winks Posts: 40, Reputation: 1

Aug 20, 2009, 07:29 PM
    Diversity Visa 2010 Entrant Status Check
    Hi,

I applied for Diversity Visa 2010 at the end of 2008. Now, I want to check the result.

Here is the problem.
    The "2010 Entrant Status Check" website (shown below) does not look reliable.
    https://www.dvlottery.state.gov/esc/...atuscheck.aspx

After entering my info (Confirmation number, last name, and year of birth), clicking `Next' , entering the `Code Input', and clicking `Submit', I got the following message.

Based on the information provided, the Entry HAS NOT BEEN SELECTED for further processing for the 2010 Electronic Diversity Visa program.

Please verify that you have entered all information correctly. You may re-check the Entry status by clicking on the Return to Entrant Status Check Main Page link below.
    However, I am sure that I have entered everything right on both of the DV application form and the check status form.

Then, I did a little experiment by entering information that I know is wrong on the `Status Check' form. And, I got EXACTLY the same message. It means that no matter the information on the `Status Check' form is correct or not, the same error message is shown.

How can I know if I am selected in the DV program?

Thank you!
    lawanwadee Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 124
    Immigration Expert

Aug 20, 2009, 08:03 PM

If you're selected, US consulate in your home country will notify you by mail. Don't bother with online status checking.. sometimes they fail on updating.
    Piggley Winks Posts: 40, Reputation: 1

Aug 20, 2009, 08:26 PM

Thank you, lawanwadee.

If I am selected, should I have already received the mail?

Thank you!
    naire_nane Posts: 1, Reputation: 0

Feb 14, 2011, 12:33 AM
    Hello, my IP is 87.241.187.196, may I know am I selected or not. I have applied in 2009

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

L2 visa status change to student visa [ 5 Answers ]

HOw do I go about changing my daughters L2 visa to a student visa as she wants to start college in the fall, Her L2 visa expires in June 2009

Check status of stamped H1B visa [ 1 Answers ]

I got H1B visa processed and stamped via Employer A in Nov 2006 in India. I left Employer A and have joined Employer B. Would like to know, is there a way to check the status of my H1B visa. FYI, I have never travelled using H1B visa. Quick response will be highly appreciated.

Diversity Visa [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I am currently in nonimmigrant visa ,I am a Diversity loto winner for the FY October 2007 to September 2008. According to the Visa bulletin posted on may 2008 my visa number is current in July 2008. Can anybody tell me if I can apply for Adjustment of status in this June 2008 or I will have...

J-1 visa tax exemption, change status to H-1B visa? [ 5 Answers ]

Hello, I'm from Thailand and holding J-1 visa. For J-1 visa I can exempt tax for 2 years. I'm wondering how's tax payment after 2 years in two different status. 1. If I extend J-1 visa, do I need to pay tax back for the first two years? 2. If I change to H-1B, do I need to pay tax back...

View more questions Search