Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Aug 20, 2009, 09:56 PM

Don't laugh... Two days. I was just wondering if there were like keywords or anything like that that would send it to the tops of searches, or anything.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Aug 20, 2009, 10:03 PM

Yeah keywords do tend to send it to the top but no guarantees.

Conspiracy theories is one
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Aug 20, 2009, 10:39 PM
    Hi, Momma!

I think that you already know that I'm quite well exposed on the Internet.

Please click HERE, HERE and HERE.

Almost everything that you see on the first two or three pages will be about me, and those are just a few of the ways that people might search for me or the services that I can provide for them around where I live.

Now, I have very good reasons for my businesses to be exposed as well as they are on the Internet. I'm not interested in "spilling my guts" "out there" or sharing everything there is about me on the Internet - I just want to get business. It works. I might "spill my guts" some on Ask Me Help Desk, but that's a different story entirely. I'm only known to a few people here by my first and last name. Plus, what I tell people here is going to almost always be about helping them in some way. The sharing of personal experiences might facilitate my doing that.

You're a young lady. That's also something different as far as putting information about you on the Internet.

I can help you to get very exposed on the Internet. However, my first question, and this is probably the most important one is, why do you want to get better exposure on the Internet for your blog or in any other way?

Thanks!
    Vision Expert

Aug 21, 2009, 02:23 PM

Because I want more visitors to my blog. I want it to be popular.
    morgaine300 Posts: 6,561, Reputation: 276
    Uber Member

Aug 21, 2009, 08:49 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ;
    Please click HERE, HERE and HERE.
    And people don't believe I can do accounting and also be a musician cause it seems like opposites or something. Well, see I'm not the only one with goofy combinations.

So... if you want to drive a few miles you can come tune my piano.

(Logic tells me there should be a music forum around somewhere. Why didn't I think of that before?)
    Uber Member

Aug 21, 2009, 08:59 PM
    I see you've drastically changed it. It looks very Victorian now. I think it works much better. I matches better, reads better, etc. and even somewhat fits your fashion & crafting stuff.
    Uber Member

Aug 21, 2009, 09:03 PM
    Hi again, Momma!

Okay, what would you like for people to be searching for in order to find your blog, please?

Thanks!
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Aug 21, 2009, 09:07 PM

Yeah that's more what I'm talking about NOW I can READ it!
    Uber Member

Aug 21, 2009, 09:08 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by morgaine300 View Post
    And people don't believe I can do accounting and also be a musician cause it seems like opposites or something. Well, see I'm not the only one with goofy combinations.

So... if you want to drive a few miles you can come tune my piano.

(Logic tells me there should be a music forum around somewhere. Why didn't I think of that before?)
    Hi, morgaine300!

Hey, I didn't know that you are also a musician! That's cool!

In this economy and because of the uncertainty in obtaining work as a self-employed person, I try to get anything that I know I can do well for people advertised in as many free ways that I can.

I would appreciate knowing more about your piano playing sometime. But, that would probably best to be done by starting a new thread.

Thanks!
    Vision Expert

Aug 21, 2009, 09:54 PM

Fashion, crafting, and thrifting.

ALL DONE! I changed the background, made my own header, and I'm working on my signature right now. I even added a puppy of the day. I found out how to add a messenger, I just have to figure out if I can actually do it.

Opinions? Comments!
    Uber Member

Aug 21, 2009, 11:55 PM
    Here's a first, simple thing that you could do, Momma. A lot of email programs give the user the ability to put a signature automatically at the bottom of the email. You might want to put such a signature in your emails. You might write something like the following for your signature.

"If you would like to know more about me and fashion, crafting and thrifting. Please click on the following link to my blog. Thanks!"

At least if you're notifying people automatically in the bottom of your emails, then you are probably going to get a safe audience.

If you would like to target an audience in specifics regions or region, then you need to put keywords into your blog so that will be more likely to happen. If you study some sites where I've placed information, you'll see that I've added certain words at the end of most ads that will come up in searches. I've also carefully worded the ads or websites so that others will find them for that which they're trying to find.

Here's a link to one of the websites that I run. LINK. Please note the keywords that I've used at the bottom.

If you would like for me to show you how to get noticed in searches, usually within minutes of posting something, please let me know. I'll be glad to demonstrate that to you "live".

Thanks!
    Uber Member

Aug 22, 2009, 12:05 AM

One more thing. Maybe it's just me, but I think the main font is difficult to read. I looked at the source and looks like that's Georgia. Some of the other stuff used is Trebuchet, Arial and Verdana, and I think one of those would be easier to read. Sans serif stuff is just easier. (I think this might be Verdana here.)

This is Georgia which I think is more difficult.

But I'm sort of partial to this, so I'm going to do all my posts like this from now on and annoy everyone. :p

(Sorry. It's not wise to let me play with fonts.)
    Uber Member

Aug 22, 2009, 01:51 AM
    morgaine300, please let go of the mouse and back away from your computer! I think that you've been taking in way too many fonts, tonight! :D
    Uber Member

Aug 22, 2009, 01:52 AM

Clough, wasn't sure where to put this so I picked the Lounge:
    https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/lounge...ff-389300.html
    Uber Member

Aug 22, 2009, 01:53 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Clough View Post
    morgaine300, please let go of the mouse and back away from your computer! I think that you've been taking in way too many fonts, tonight! :D
    ROTFL!

Better than taking in way too much wine. :p
    Vision Expert

Aug 28, 2009, 12:14 AM

So I added the link for my blog to my email, sigs on my forums (including this one), text messages, and update my twitter, myspace, and Facebook every few days with the info. And all three pages contain my link.

My only comments are from one friend.

Is there anything else I can do to get more attention to my blog?

Oh, I also added 20 of my favorite bloggers and I comment on their pages frequently. And I've left my info on their pages.
    Vision Expert

Aug 28, 2009, 12:16 AM
    And my content is diverse.
    Uber Member

Sep 9, 2009, 02:34 AM
    Hi, Momma!

Are you now getting more traffic to your blog?

Thanks!
    Vision Expert

Sep 9, 2009, 12:33 PM

A little bit more, not much though. Still only one comment from someone that I don't know.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Dream Visitors [ 10 Answers ]

Hello, I was just wondering if you believed that people that have passed away can visit you in your dreams? I have had a few dreams of my grandmother and I wonder if it was really her, or just my thoughts making her be there. I read somewhere that if the deceased person in your dream seems distant...

Visitors to the office [ 2 Answers ]

I have issues about communicating to my boss about his visitors. How do I tell him on phone about visitors who want to see him, keeping in mind that he doesn't enjoy or want unwarranted visits from anyone for that matter? Take note that the visitors are standing in front of me, waiting for a...

Marriage between visitors to the you.S in the you.S [ 1 Answers ]

If a foreign student on a student visa wishes to marry a visitor to the U.S what documents will they both need to do so, and will the visitor need to change his/her status to be able to remain with the student spouse for the course of his/her studies. If a change of status is needed, how...

Keys and visitors [ 5 Answers ]

I received a letter from my landlords lawyer warning me of eviction if I do not remedy a breach in the lease. The tenant downstairs claims my girlfriend is permanently occuping the apt. w/ me. The lease states 1 occupant, my girlfriend has a set of keys and spends a significant amount of time...

Unexpected visitors [ 12 Answers ]

How should I handle family members who show up at my door unexpectedly. I have asked them repeatedly to call first to see if their visit is convenient for me, but for some reason they refuse to respect my wishes. Please advise. joycesewandsew

View more questions Search