Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    SweetChick10101 Posts: 38, Reputation: 7

Aug 20, 2009, 04:44 PM
    I feel like I'm gong to lose my best friend to someone else and I'm upset.
    Well I'm going into high school and my closest friend met a new girl through volleyball a few weeks ago, one that doesn't know anyone in our high school, and now she seems too busy with volleyball to hang out and is getting closer to the new girl. We don't have any classes and I feel like we're going to drift! I feel like she'll forget about me and go to her new friend and I really don't want that to happen. I feel so alone going into high school and I feel like I'm going to lose all my friends. :'( I'm so upset please help me.
    Nestorian Posts: 978, Reputation: 152

Aug 20, 2009, 04:57 PM

It's a scary time high school, as there are so many things happening.

You would be wise to realise that people do change and meet new people. It's OK if she gets a new friend, and it's OK for you to too. In fact it maybe the best thing for you, go join a club get out there and meet others. (Word of advice, stay away from the drugs and alcohol as they are self stupidifying acts and people especially Teens tend to over do them to the point they may as well be clinically retarded.)

Do not try to tell her she is a bad friend for living her life, nor that she doesn't care about you. That just implies that "YOU" have to do a little self investigation into why you feel these things, after all it is said that our thoughts lead us into the worlds we created with them.

Just remmber, your insecurities are causing you to feel what ever you feel, and this is not for her to fix. DO express your feelings of "drifting" but be sure not to blame her for anything, nor tell her she should not do these things.

Good luck, I'm off to watch the kid. Take care.
    SweetChick10101 Posts: 38, Reputation: 7

Aug 20, 2009, 05:03 PM

Thanks for the advice but the funny thing is, she just told me she missed me and we made plans for tomorrow! Worrying about nothing lol I just don't want to lose her as my friend.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My ex and best friend are dating.ok to be upset? [ 6 Answers ]

He and I dated for four months. He dumped me and I had to live at my best friend's house for about five days. I was completely destroyed, because I had really fallen for this guy and it had been the first relationship where I saw it going somewhere in a while. Anyway, turns out they have been...

How should I feel about this? I feel betrayed and upset [ 13 Answers ]

Another thing, I just found out this morning. Ages I've been on my boyfriends Facebook on my phone to edit stuff for him (he knew about this) and gave me his password. He's changed it now though and I don't know it which is fine because he wants his privacy. However, now, I couldn't get on my own...

View more questions Search