Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Posey7 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 24, 2006, 07:33 PM
    Background check on School History
    Hello! I have a question, I have applied for another position at my job as a Supervisor. My high Shool Diploma is gone and I do not have duplicate. The high Shool that I went to is no longer around. (CLOSED) So how can Human Resource retrieve this information that they need. I have been in my position for 21 yrs and This is the only thing I am worried about. :confused:
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Oct 25, 2006, 04:53 AM
    The Board of Education in the locality where the school was should be able to provide the info. Give them a call - or check their website - for how to get your record... or a summary of it.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 25, 2006, 05:51 AM
    Why would you worry? I doubt if your company is going to do a background check for an internal transfer. Even if you did lie 20+ years ago, the decision to offer you the new position is most likely going to be made on your performance over the last 21 years and on nothing else. Background checks cost money. Why would HR need to check for your HS Diploma when they have 21 years of experience they can check for free?
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Oct 25, 2006, 06:05 AM
    I agree that it would nearly certainly not be the issue that stops you from getting the job... but if they're asking for it, it can't hurt to make a call to get a record if it ends up being that that's all it takes.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Checking the history if the history has been deleted [ 3 Answers ]

I want to know all the sites my family has been visiting on the web. How do I check that if the history has been erased/deleted? Thanks in advance.

Background check; concerned... [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, For the past year I have worked in HR as an assistant. I graduated from college last year. (05) Recently I applied for a position at a big company, and rec'd the offer for a recruiting coordinator. I accepted the offer and I have about 2 weeks until I start. The company is VERY thorough...

Background check interfere with jobs? [ 2 Answers ]

I am going through school to become a surgical tech.and wonder about past crimminal backgroun,about 10 yrs,ago, will affect my chances in job placements??

Background mode? [ 2 Answers ]

What is background mode?A program in background mode has any feature?How to make a program run in background mode?Please explain to me.Thanks in advance.

View more questions Search