Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    prakash2009 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 20, 2009, 03:50 AM
    WindowXP is automatically shuting down
    Hi all
    Give a possible solution of my question I am using window xp but it is automatically shutting down earlier this problem was happened very rarely and now it is happening frequently I am using zebronic 845 motherborad and intel 2.4 Ghz processor so what could be the problem ? Give a possible solution of that.

Thanking u
    From
    Prakash chandra panda
    bdids Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Aug 20, 2009, 04:29 AM
    Could be your power supply needs replacing.
    seahwk83 Posts: 3,276, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Aug 20, 2009, 06:51 AM

Any changes that either happened or that you perhaps made to your computer around the time that the problem started; particularly any Software or Hardware that you installed or setup.
    kaleemyousaf Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Aug 27, 2009, 03:05 AM

Check you motherboard fan is working properly or not..
    GrantHillsSA Posts: 405, Reputation: 9

Nov 8, 2009, 12:37 PM

Check the all FANs in the case. Make sure they are spinning and are dust free.

Its almost always the CPU temp. the CPU has a fail safe temperature at witch it will shuts down to PC to prevent damage to itself. Normally 70-80 deg C

If all is well check power supply.

Hope this helps :)
    Lance1 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Nov 11, 2009, 03:29 PM

Go into the Control Panel \ Administrative Tools \ Event Viewer and post any flags relating to a shutdown. It could be software or hardware so post both.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Maintaining WindowXP [ 6 Answers ]

For a novice with computers what instructions can I give to someone to maintain their PC. (including virus protection, keeping the registry fixed, etc) I know maybe something's should be done weekly, some monthly) I guess the reliable automatic maintenance features, if you think those are goods....

Well pump shuting on and off [ 1 Answers ]

My relay is clicking on and off and shuts off my pump

Electric Furnace not shuting off? [ 4 Answers ]

I have a Duo therm electric furnace that wants to run all the time. Ive replaced the thermostat and that didn't help, The last thing I tried was completely disconecting the thermostat, it just for heat, two wires and there just hanging out of the wall and the furnace still runs and won't shut...

Gas Valve Shuting off [ 6 Answers ]

Have a carrier 58DR075-AA Series 121. Pilot was lighting but main gas to burners was not opening. I replaced pilot/thermocoupler unit, its all one piece. Now the pilot lights after a few seconds I hear the burner valve open, and the burners try to light but go right out. Other times the pilot...

91 honda accord shuting off [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 91 honda accord that is shutting down while driving. I have replaced the main module, ignition switch, and fuel pump. It nows seems to be when fuel is low. It will usually start right back up. Is there anything else I can check or replace??

View more questions Search