Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hollydolly Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 24, 2006, 07:17 PM
    Income statement
    What accounts belong in an income statement?
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Oct 25, 2006, 05:44 AM
    Account names will vary based on the business type. Some businesses have income split into just one or a couple accounts and others have it split out into many.

Do you have a list of accounts that you're wondering about?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 25, 2006, 05:48 AM
    Any accounts that represent money received from outside the company. These would include revenues, sales, interest, investment income, etc.
    manik chand dey Posts: 63, Reputation: 2

Dec 13, 2007, 02:25 AM
    All NOMINAL ACCOUNTS like all expenses, losses, and incomes and gains have to be closed by transferring their balances to the income statement at the year end to get the net profit.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Balance Sheet/Income Statement Questions [ 2 Answers ]

My assignment includes writing up both a balance sheet and income statement given the trial balance. I've completed most of it, but I'm a bit unsure on a few things... 1) Allowance for Bad Debts. - Am I to consider this a current asset? 2) Patents. - Most likely long-term asset? Also, I'm...

Comparative Income Statement [ 1 Answers ]

Prepare a comparative income statement for Walmart, Inc. for the years ended December 31, 2006, Be sure to include figures for gross margin, operating income, income before taxes, net income, and earnings per share. Sales $300,000 Utilities expenses 15,000 Employee salaries 115,000...

Multiple-step income statement [ 0 Answers ]

Can someone help me with the following problem. The following items were taken from the records of Moonlight Video Inc. for the calendar year 2007: Prior period error $ 40,000 Cash dividends declared 80,000 Cost of sales 300,000 Selling and administrative expenses 350,000 Sales 1,000,000...

Partial income statement [ 1 Answers ]

I have a quick question: When preparing a partial income statement for the given company showing the calculation of net sales and cost of goods sold, do all of the following go into it? Inventory 2,841,300 Purchase discounts 376,800 Purchase Returns and allowances 1,322,000 Purchases ...

View more questions Search