Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Aug 20, 2009, 01:12 AM
    Disease on Skin That Is Near to an Eye, Is There Danger of it Moving Into the Eye?
    If you have a disease on your skin that is near to an eye, is there danger of it moving into the eye?

I have suspected skin cancer near to one of my eyes. It's on my nose. Have had it for a number of years. It didn't grow very much for a long time. Now, it's really growing. It's about an 8th of an inch from one of my eyes.

I could see it progressing onto an eyelid, but into the eye?

I'm wondering if that's possible.

I've already seen one physician about this. It is suspected skin cancer, but doesn't look like the really bad kind. I will be seeing a dermatologist.

This question is also about skin diseases in general.

Thanks!
    artlady Posts: 4,208, Reputation: 1477
    Ultra Member

Aug 20, 2009, 01:28 AM

I don't see that happening.Your eye being a mucous membrane would not allow anything like that to happen.

The skin that is troublesome could certainly grow but there is no way that would go into your eye.

Perhaps the growth could cover your eye but not go into it.

The problematic skin could affect the eye if it grew into your lid but I don't see that it would go into your eye.Educated guess here but I'm not all that stupid when it comes to medicine.

I did go to medical school to be a med .assistant (dropout) but I learned a few things and I'm pretty confidant about what I'm saying.

I don't think you need to worry about losing your eyesight.Laser treatment may take care of what could simply be a calcium deposit.

EDIT" I could be very wrong so please understand that.If you were any other OP I would not even begin to give advice :)
    Uber Member

Aug 20, 2009, 01:31 AM
    Hi, artlady!

By calcium deposit, do you mean something that's on the skin?

Thanks!
    Ultra Member

Aug 20, 2009, 01:34 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Clough View Post
    Hi, artlady!

By calcium deposit, do you mean something that's on the skin?

Thanks!
    Yes ,most specifically Calcinosis.
    Uber Member

Aug 20, 2009, 01:43 AM
    I saw your edit, artlady. It's appreciated. I think that you know that I'm not looking for any sort of diagnosis here. I know better than to do that. Am just looking into the possibilities... I will be seeing someone who is a professional at the skin thing.

I really just appreciate sharing with people who are knowledgeable to give some insight as to how things might be.

I know that I could look things up on the Internet. I already have. Any sort of skin cancer doesn't look like what's on my nose. It's itchy, hurts and is waxy/blistery in appearance.

Communicating with people "live" is always better than just looking it up on the Internet.

Any and all comments are appreciated.

You've already been a great help, artlady!

I will look up Calcinosis...

Thanks!
    Ultra Member

Aug 20, 2009, 01:55 AM

Has eczema been ruled out?
    Uber Member

Aug 20, 2009, 02:00 AM
    I had eczema for a number of years around my eyebrows. It seems that it disappeared. Or, did it..

Maybe it just changed locations...

Thanks!
    Ultra Member

Aug 20, 2009, 02:07 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Clough View Post
    I had eczema for a number of years around my eyebrows. It seems that it disappeared. Or, did it...?

Maybe it just changed locations...

Thanks!
    Itchy and bumpy and waxy made me wonder.

My son has it and as does my Mom.
    Not fun.
    Uber Member

Aug 20, 2009, 02:17 AM
    Is that something that's most likely eczema!

Thanks!
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Aug 20, 2009, 06:05 AM

You really need to ask the doctor and then we can give you some ideas from there

If it is eczema you need fish oil or flax seed oil

If it is cancer you need a list of things that I would have to look up and get back to you.
    A good vitamin C supplement would be good for now.

For now not knowing I would go with

Fish oil or flaxseed oil
    vitamin C
    Use spice (organic if posible) turmeric
    Use sea salt instead of table salt
    Get topical ointments vitamin E and Lysine (most likely you would have to buy separate)
    Uber Member

Aug 24, 2009, 02:59 AM
    Hi, N0help4u!

Thank you for the list! Are these things that would normally be ingested or applied topically in the treatment of what I might possibly have, please?

By the way, I have been in touch with a person who used to head the local community action agency around where I live to see about finding a dermatologist who would take a look at what I have and be willing to treat me according to what I make in money for a living.

Thanks!
    Uber Member

Aug 24, 2009, 03:02 AM
    I just thought of another thing...

Flaxseed is something that can be used as a poultice, is it not? Can flaxseed oil be used for the same purpose?

Thanks!
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Aug 24, 2009, 04:07 AM

Yeah
    You can use flaxseed topically and ingest it.
    Flaxseed is good for any skin problem.
    Same with vitamin E

Another thing you can use is oil of oregano.

The rest are ingested.

Ask at any GNC, Trader Joes or health food store.

Here are some sites with information

Thompson's Flaxseed Oil 1gm Organic Vege Capsules Qty 200

Promotes healthy skin, hair and nails.

Vitamin E supplement benefit : by Ray Sahelian, M.D., synthetic versus natural vitamin E side effects

vitamin E can function as an excellent antioxidant protecting cells from damage.

Wild Oregano Oil

Fighting yeast, fungus (skin and blood-born)

MY daughter was allergic to the oil of oregano.

Turmeric

Turmeric

Turmeric Herb for Cosmetic, Turmeric for Therapeutic, Benefits of Turmeric in Cosmetics

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fear and Danger of skin whitening [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I see there is a very high demand in skin lightening, and just as with everything there are risk involved. It is highly recommended before you use products to research, research, research. Also figure out why you want to lighten your skin. If you want a good opinion it is best to talk to...

She Is In Danger. [ 32 Answers ]

I have a 9 year old little sister that's been abused in different ways. First off her mother (my step mother) had a misscarrage about a year ago. This is something that terrifies my little sister. She will NOT let her mother go and to clubs, bars, etc. because she's scared her mother will get...

In danger [ 1 Answers ]

I'm a single mom of a set of twins, their dad went to jail 5mos after they were born on robbery and crack cocaine charges. Bob has been in and out of jail and on crack since he was sixteen he is now thirty-six. After four years in prison he was release this April. Bob is now coming to my home...

Danger? [ 1 Answers ]

?? Hello to all and thanks in advance for any help you might have to offer. My name is Angela, 11/5/74, and I need to know if the bad feeling I keep getting is related to someone who could possibly be dangerous, or something else. I just can't seem to pinpoint what is wrong, though I can sense...

View more questions Search