Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Lynxs1 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 24, 2006, 06:44 PM
    Eviction warning
    I have posted previously about my situation w/ the downstairs tenant and the exaggerated and ridiculous accusations brought against me, the eviction warning from my landlords lawyer, and the constant headache this has caused. I have done what I could to smooth the situation and remained polite and respectful of the woman downstair even after the fact. My question is if these problems continue with the tenant downstairs does the fact that all the accusations are hearsay brought about by one person and there can't be substantiated proof since none was presented even after my request to the landlord and my actions definitely do not offer any. Do I have a chance to win this case if taken to court and should I counter sue for harassment and legal fees? Thanks
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Oct 24, 2006, 07:06 PM
    Hello again, Lynx:

Uhhhh, what I said last time.

Couple more things. Your problem isn't any longer with the downstairs tenant. It's with your landlord. I would NOT speak to her at all.

Next. Proof, schmoof! She doesn't need proof for the landlord; the landlord doesn't need proof for the lawyer, and the lawyer doesn't need proof to threaten you. PROOF is for the judge. That's the only place you need to prove anything.

Speaking of proof. You're worried about losing? Why? DOES she live there? If she does, then you SHOULD be worried about losing. But, if she doesn't, then she HAS rent and utility receipts from where she DOES live. That's the only PROOF you need. That's the only proof the judge is looking for. Without it, you're toast.

No, you should not sue for harassment. Yes, you're feeling harassed, but that doesn't mean someone is harassing you. There IS a legitimate question here. No? Plus, if you go to small claims court, there ARE no legal fees.

excon
    Carolin Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 13, 2006, 01:47 PM
    Is there a New Jersey register were landlords can post non paying tenants
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Nov 13, 2006, 02:36 PM
    Hello Carolin:

No, but there is a small claims court where you can go to get your money.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I do not know what to do... PLEASE HELP... (warning this is complicated) [ 14 Answers ]

OK, so I am very new to the whole "relationship" scene, I am 20 yrs old and just lost my virginity a month ago. I am a late bloomer yes, but I honestly wanted to wait to do the deed with someone I deeply cared about, and I can honestly say that I was falling in love with the girl I was with. The...

Miranda warning [ 8 Answers ]

Do you believe the use of miranda warning has increased or decreased the number of confessions obtained in criminal cases? Why?

Kentucky eviction law motion for eviction [ 8 Answers ]

Hi I really need help I bought a house for 30,000 from a lady we have just a one simple page contract basically states I paid 15000.00 dollars down In April 05' and then make payments of 400.00 a month for 36 months Contract has no sell as is in it because at time of sale we the lady homeowner...

Animal warning device for cars [ 3 Answers ]

We suffer from accidents in my town because a lot of animals cross the road Suddenly I have heard of a device hanged in the car that keeps animals away of the road I want information about this device and how can I get one ?

Miranda Warning [ 3 Answers ]

Do you believe use of the Miranda warning has increased or decreased the number of confessions obtained in criminal cases

View more questions Search