Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tonofmun Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 24, 2006, 06:38 PM
    Sewer gas in office
    I work in an old storefront barbershop. The office is connected through a back room to a larger building with other offices. When it rains, it is very windy or sometimes simply overcast we get the nastiest smelling sewer gas smell coming from the back room (I think, at least that is where is tends to build up) and seeping into the office space through the walls and the heating vents. The owner has cemented all the old pipes below the barbershop, has torn out the floor in the backroom, has sussed out the basement but can't find the source of the problem. It gets really bad, then goes away, but there is always a baseline odor. Recently I have been investigating it and have been noticing it coming out of the heating vents in the main of the building.

We are all at a loss as to how to stop the smell. It is unbearable. Any advice?

Thanks,

Ben
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Oct 25, 2006, 03:05 PM
    Hi Ben,

Has anyone considered adding vent filters? (See image) Click on;
    http://www.odorhog.ca/ to check them out. Regards, Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sewer Gas Smell [ 4 Answers ]

We have been having a problem with a bad smell that we think is sewer gas coming up through the shower drain when we flush the toilet in our back bathroom. We're not having the problem anywhere else in the house and at first we only noticed the smell, like I said, when we flushed that toilet. The...

Sewer Gas Problem [ 3 Answers ]

Joe M]Hi speedball1, I found you in a Google search I was doing this morning and you seem pretty knowledgeable about plumbing. Hoping you can help me with a question re. sewer gas. Ever since we put in a front load high efficiency washer, we smell sewer gas when using the machine. I'm...

Sewer Gas smell in the basement [ 2 Answers ]

There is a foul sewer-gas smell that is originating in our basement crawl-space. The smell is strongest in the laundry room where the entrance to the crawl-space is located, and has permeated the entire house. We experienced this problem last year but it only lasted a day or two and was confined...

Sewer gas smell in summer [ 1 Answers ]

I have been in my townhouse for three years. Each time summer rolls around and I turn on my air conditioner, the house fills with the smell of sewer gas. This doesn't happen all winter long. I have had the sewer rodded all the out to the street. A camera was put into the line and I was told...

Sewer Gas Odors [ 1 Answers ]

We had our drain field replaced last year and have noticed sewer gas smells when we walk around the outside of the house. I think the smells are coming from the roof vents. We never had the problem before, The drainfield was replaced because of saturation and did backup once into the basement. Any...

View more questions Search