Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    desmadrid Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 19, 2009, 02:26 PM
    Home owner tows cars parked on street in front of house
    Can a home owner rightfully have cars towed away that are parked on the street in front of their house even though there are no "No Parking" signs?
    emacon Posts: 48, Reputation: -4
    -

Aug 19, 2009, 02:31 PM

NO. Even if you park two of your tires on there lawn they cannot do anything about it.
    MsMewiththat Posts: 854, Reputation: 136

Aug 19, 2009, 02:33 PM

I wouldn't think so. It would depend on the laws of your city/township. You should check with the city or the impound lot to see why they were called in. Some people get upset if the car is parked in their carriage walk. If you have an open communication with your neighbor you could ask what the problems is?

Where I live if a car has been sitting in the same spot for over 72 hours it can be ticketed and then if still not moved it can be towed away. Towing prior to that can only be done if the car has been stolen or is unregistered or has expired tags.
    Best of luck

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Truck/camper parked on my property owner won't pay rent can I take title to truck [ 3 Answers ]

I agreed to let friend park truck w camper on my property. After a few months I told him to move it off or pay rent. He moved it but a month later parked it there without a word . Called called person told him he had to pay rent to park on property. Its going on 4 months ,no payment .talked last...

My cars front suspension. [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 2002 chevy Impala Ls Sedan. When I turn the steering wheel and back up and then put it in drive and take off the message center says Traction Activated, and when I make a turn or go around a slow curve the front end makes a whining sound. What could that be? Thank you, Trebor

Hitting a car improperly parked on a culdesac street [ 8 Answers ]

We live on a culdesac street where parking is very limited. We have a very long driveway and back out early in the morning. My neighbors park on the street head on into the curb and there for are sticking out into the culdesac in front of our driveway. What happens if we hit there car that is...

Leak between street and house [ 2 Answers ]

We have a leak between the street and the house (about 400 ft). We don't know where the pipes enter the house but have narrowed the search to about 100Ft. Is there an effective way of finding this other than digging and if not, how deep do we have to dig for water in a concrete slab?

View more questions Search