Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pennypatty Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 19, 2009, 08:49 AM
    Obtaining a copy of my bankruptcy records
    How do I obtain a copy of my bankruptcy discharge? I do not have the case number
    DownUnder Posts: 492, Reputation: 24

Aug 19, 2009, 09:56 AM

Go to the attorney that filed for you, they should have a copy or go to the court house where the case was heard and ask for a copy. Of course there will be a fee.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Aug 19, 2009, 11:00 AM

If you had an attorney file this for you, he will have a copy of your discharge.

If you didn't have an attorney, you can go down to the Federal Courthouse where your bankruptcy was filed and ask the clerk for a copy of your discharge paperwork. It's usually about 25 cents per page copying charge.
    maxim1 Posts: 8, Reputation: 0

Aug 19, 2009, 04:48 PM

Your attorney may not have it. If not, go to an online bankrupty retrieval service, like bankruptcy-records.net All website like that will search for free without a case #. But I wouldn't bother going to the courts. I'm in Detroit, and that would be a pain in the butt. Parking fees, waiting in line... blah blah
    mrs.csandell Posts: 3, Reputation: 0

Sep 15, 2010, 02:15 AM
    You can find FREE information at http://www.spiesonline.net/ Here you can find out ways to obtain almost any record needed and how to obtain them for free. I hope this helps anyone out. I searched for over 2 hours and now I have my answer. If you live in Tennessee you can also go to TN.GOV for a lot of information as well.
    Thanks
    maxim1 Posts: 8, Reputation: 0

Sep 15, 2010, 12:26 PM
    Comment on mrs.csandell's post
    You are giving false information. There is no such thing as "record needed and how to obtain them for free."

Oct 12, 2010, 12:55 PM
    I said free information not free paperwork. I am not giving out false information. Maybe you need to take another look.

Oct 12, 2010, 12:56 PM
    Comment on mrs.csandell's post
    You may also get copies of these records for free from your lawyer that filed it for you as well.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Obtaining a free copy of past taxes [ 4 Answers ]

How can I obtain a copy of last years taxes without paying a fee?

Obtaining a subpoena for a copy of surveillance camera [ 5 Answers ]

Can you subpoena a store for a copy of what was caught on tape from their surveillance camera for a court date? How do you do this? Who do you contact? Where do you begin? Thank you for your help!

Obtaining maintenance records from Property Owners [ 3 Answers ]

cCan maintenance records be obtained from a property owner without litigation in Florida?:confused:

Getting copy of Cell Phone bills/records [ 2 Answers ]

Is there anyway of getting my wife's cell phone bills/call history. I think that she is talking with or seeing someoneh else, we have 2 different accounts, so I don't know how to get a copy. I've asked her to see the bills, but she refuses to let me see them. Thank you

View more questions Search