Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Aug 22, 2009, 09:11 AM
    This was taken 2 days ago to show you what I mean!
    Attached Images

Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Aug 22, 2009, 09:28 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by shazamataz View Post
    Ooooh ok so she may not be as fat as I think.

The vet never said anything about her being fat when she went in but that was a while ago now so I don't know haha

I have a question for you too Alty, I know you haven't had lops before but do you have any idea when their ears should drop?

All the other lops I've had their ears dropped at around 3 months... the babies would be about 5 months old now and Rikku has 1 ear up and 1 ear down and Lulus are both up!
    Darn, that's something I don't know.

I would think that it would be anywhere from birth to 6 months, simply because that's when they're considered adults. But that's just a guess.

Sadly I don't know any lop ear bunny breeders, but I'll do some research, ask around.

Are you sure that they're purebred lops Shazzy?
    Uber Member

Aug 22, 2009, 09:51 AM

Yup they are definitely pure-bred.
    They were from a breeder here but I don't have her number as Vaughns mum organised them for us and I don't want to just turn up at her house to ask that haha

Maybe the mini ones just take longer :confused:

It's OK, I haven't actually googled it, just thought I'd ask here while I thought of it :)
    (Yeah, I know, naughty :o )
    Pets Expert

Aug 22, 2009, 10:12 AM
    Yup they are definately pure-bred.
    They were from a breeder here but I don't have her number as Vaughns mum organised them for us and and I don't want to just turn up at her house to ask that haha

Maybe the mini ones just take longer :confused:

It's ok, I haven't actually googled it, just thought I'd ask here while I thought of it :)
    (Yeah, I know, naughty :o )
    Not naughty at all.

Now it's bugging me because I don't know.

I don't like not knowing.

I googled but don't trust the sites I found completely. I looked on the House rabbit society webpage, did a search, didn't find any info.

Sadly I can't look right now, too much to do.

I'll see what I can find later Shazzy. Or, if you find some info, please pass it along, because now I have to know. ;)
    Uber Member

Aug 22, 2009, 10:21 AM

That's all right, I know you have a hectic day planned! It was just out of curiosity because Doras dropped a lot earlier.

I'm actually heading off to bed soon anyway so I will have a search tomorrow and get back to you ;)
    Uber Member

Aug 24, 2009, 09:15 PM

I have found very conflicting information, the general consensus is that it should happen under 12 weeks of age (with one site saying up to 8 months!)

Now I am having doubts as to whether they are purebred and I got scammed :rolleyes:

If you don't remember the story, Rikku was free because the lady felt bad about what happened. Then Dora hated Rikku so we went back and paid for Lulu (Rikkus twin sister)

They might still just be a bit slow in the floppy department, Rikku has one ear all the way down and Lulus appear to be drooping a bit now when she is relaxed (not very often, they are very skittish) so I don't know...

Guess I will find out in a few months! :p
    Pets Expert

Aug 24, 2009, 09:27 PM

Shazzy, the important thing is that they're healthy and their ears not flopping won't affect them. :)

Give it a while longer, maybe ask the vet when you go in to get them fixed. :)
    Uber Member

Aug 24, 2009, 11:02 PM

Oh no, I'm not that worried, it's just strange because I have only ever had "normal" rabbits when I was little, all my others have been lops!
    Not used to seeing them with ears that stand up, I still love 'em to bits!

I will keep you updated on the spaying situtation, we are finally up to date with our bills (just have to pay vaughns mum back for the new car but that's no rush) so we can start putting some cash away to have it done.

Putting the tiles down in their part of the cage soon and will probably do the bottom as well because we plan on putting a ramp between the two levels and *cross fingers* have all 3 running together.
    Pets Expert

Aug 24, 2009, 11:37 PM
    Oh no, I'm not that worried, it's just strange because I have only ever had "normal" rabbits when I was little, all my others have been lops!
    Not used to seeing them with ears that stand up, I still love 'em to bits!

I will keep you updated on the spaying situtation, we are finally up to date with our bills (just have to pay vaughns mum back for the new car but that's no rush) so we can start putting some cash away to have it done.

Putting the tiles down in their part of the cage soon and will probably do the bottom as well because we plan on putting a ramp between the two levels and *cross fingers* have all 3 running together.
    I'm looking forward to more pictures.

They really are adorable. :)
    Uber Member

Aug 25, 2009, 11:05 PM

Taa Daa New picture,
    They wouldn't go away from the oven, I think they are trying to tell me something ;)

Oh and we don't have carpet in the kitchen, I just put a rug down so they wouldn't slip! :eek:
    Attached Images

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Kitten nipping [ 3 Answers ]

Our little kitten, has a nasty habit of nipping, he gets a piece of skin in between those two little fangs of his, it really hurts and he just can't seem to get it into his head that it is not allowed, he bites hard enough he breaks the skin, he'll chew on you like a hambone you give him the...

Rabbit Nipping me.friendly? [ 7 Answers ]

I have a beautiful little rabbit who is nearly full grown (not sure how old she is) She is extremely friendly and when we go outside to pick her up she runs to the side of the cage and puts her paws on the side waiting until we pick her up. She grooms me while I am holding her and is an overall...

Puppy nipping other dogs [ 1 Answers ]

My 9 week old puppy of course is teething and nipping when playing. But I get nervous when he's playing with other dogs and is jumping and play nipping at them. The other dogs will start to growl etc... What do I do? Should I pick him up and stop him or let the other dog tell him no. (The dogs I...

Licking pup [ 3 Answers ]

My puppy is a litte over a year old. It's a yorkshire terrior and he licks the floors and the doors.. and also he bites on the doors... does anyone no why?

View more questions Search