Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nikeshtnt Posts: 52, Reputation: 1

Aug 19, 2009, 03:16 AM
    Covertion of Number into Text
    Hi,

Is there any formula by using that we can convert number into text e.g. 1523 One Thousand Five Hundred Twenty Three.

I have got one i.e. BathText() but it's result is not in English.

I have macro also but that has to be always insert in a spreadsheet where I want to use this function.

Please help
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

Aug 19, 2009, 04:52 AM

As a formula, no. it would be impossibly long since numbers can be any length. You could probably construct a small formula that worked with small numbers.

There's an english "SpellNumber()" function that you can install that works well. You can find it here.

Excel: Convert Numbers to Words/Text
    nikeshtnt Posts: 52, Reputation: 1

Aug 26, 2009, 11:41 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by JBeaucaire View Post
    As a formula, no. it would be impossibly long since numbers can be any length. You could probably construct a small formula that worked with small numbers.

There's an english "SpellNumber()" function that you can install that works well. You can find it here.

Excel: Convert Numbers to Words/Text
    Thanks JBequcaire,

You have always helped me.

I have this macro which I am using in some excel files. Is there any way I can get this macro available for all files so that I just go to Insert>Function>User Defined and same macro executes it for me.
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

Aug 27, 2009, 12:12 AM

You can convert your custom UDFs (just one or a whole collection of them that you utilize) into an ADD-IN, a file usually in the form of .xla or .xll file that opens every time you start Excel. This "ADDIN" approach also makes it easy for you to give your custom function to others for very easy installation.

Here's a page that serves a primer for converting UDFs into ADDINS:

VBA Tips: Build an Excel Add-In

PLEASE read the caution found at the very bottom of the file, it's very important!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Excel 15 digit issue, tried converting to text, text to column feature negates fix [ 6 Answers ]

I have the following numbers that exceed 15 characters that needs to be split into its own columns. Down the road, there would be thousands of such rows of data with the first couple set of unique numbers. 890432453253208820,5004500558,05CC,1,0,0,0,0,0,0, 0000,5.0000,2007-01-11...

Scanner that converts text image to real text [ 1 Answers ]

Dear Helpdesk advisors, I look for a scanner,that reads any character from paper,converts it to text and has interface with Microsoft software.Usage area: reads product name , unit of product bought, price and other sort of text info.The scanner is able to convert printed and possibly...

Convert image (pdf, typewriter text) to text file [ 21 Answers ]

I've played with 3 different OCR apps (including one that seems to be tops (Abbyy Fine Reader Pro) and find it too much. Easy to use but far too time consuming for my skills with it. See the attached pdf (38 pages of typed text). I have it and 5 others that need converted but am finding it too...

Using Count to get the number of cells in a column that contain text [ 4 Answers ]

I'm trying to just count the number of cells in a column that have text in them. I used a formula given in one of the previous questions and got a return of #NUM. The fomula I tried was =Sumproduct((Callsign <>"")/Count if (Callsign, Callsign & ""))

A text cell to denote a number/points [ 3 Answers ]

I am using a result database with grades A+, A, B+, B, C+ C etc. Now A+=10, A=9, B+=8 and so on. I have to calculate the SGPA with a formula using the numerals and not the text, but the sheet should show the text A+, B+ etc. When calculating the formula, the numericals should be taken. The numerals...

View more questions Search