Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Aug 19, 2009, 01:22 AM
    Malfunctioning website
    Hi there,

So there is this website that sells designer bags for $10 a pop and claims they are authentic. When I found it, I thought SCORE! Well, no. None of the BUY NOW buttons are click-able. NONE. Too good to be true indeed. I emailed the site about this, and it said I'd get a reply in 24-48 hours. Nothing. Should I report to the better business bureau? What should I do?
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Aug 19, 2009, 01:30 AM
    I smell a SCAM!!

There's a lot of these about at presant trying to harvest your personal information.
    Vision Expert

Aug 19, 2009, 01:32 AM

That HONESTLY brings a tear to my eye. I was hoping I could get tons of designer crap super cheap. Even if they were knock-offs, that's a good deal. Ah, alas, too goo to be true. Should I report them to BBB?
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Aug 19, 2009, 01:49 AM
    TBH, waste of time as they are most likely based in a different country, normally China or Eastern Europe, so BBB can't do anything.
    hheath541 Posts: 2,762, Reputation: 584
    Experts

Aug 19, 2009, 02:26 AM

I'd say, go for it. They're obviously running a scam. At the very least, they are selling illegal knock-offs. At the most, they are out to steal money and/or identities.
    maxim1 Posts: 8, Reputation: 0

Aug 19, 2009, 05:03 PM

It's probably true about the coming from China. But maybe it's a brand new site... and still working and getting it all up and running. You do a whois the domain name. It should tell you when the domain was bought. Good luck finding cheap bags.
    morgaine300 Posts: 6,561, Reputation: 276
    Uber Member

Aug 19, 2009, 11:24 PM

You might try googling the name of the place and see if there are already reports up at places.

I'd go for reporting them. It's not just a matter of whether the BBB can do anything. People also go there to find out if reports have been filed on places -- i.e. you're contributing to info going out to other users and hopefully helping to warn them.

Too bad eBay has gotten so strict about the designer stuff. I'm not even sure you can sell knock off's there anymore if you make it plain and clear in the auction that's what it is.
    Vision Expert

Aug 19, 2009, 11:32 PM

Thanks for all the info, guys. I will Google it and check the BBB to see if anything has already been filed. Thanks tons.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Keyboard Malfunctioning [ 1 Answers ]

My keyboard is malfunctioning. Whenever I use the top row of letters (Q W E Are you I O P) it comes out with a number next to it like this: (1Q 2W 3E 4R 7U 8I 9O 0P) please help. So, if I didn't fix my typing it would look like this. H8i Ga4ry, My k3eyb9oa4rd 8is malf7unct8i9on8ing....

Thermostat malfunctioning? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have Honeywell programmable thermostats (rlv430) on all my baseboard heaters and all of them work perfectly except for one. No matter what I program, it always sets itself to "manual, 20 degres". When I set it to "auto" it just switches right back to manual. I had a look at the wiring and...

Malfunctioning photocell [ 8 Answers ]

I have 2 large outdoor large mercury vapor lights. They have worked for a long time with photocell screwed on top of fixture. Now both are on all the time. I bought 3 different brand of 3 prong twist in photocells b ut the light is on constantly. I measured the voltage in the top receptacle it...

Is my thermostat malfunctioning? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I recently bought a house with a packaged air unit outside. It is controlled by a Hunter thermostat in the center hallway of the house. My problem is that no matter what I change the preset temp to the thermostat will run the air until it reaches the set temp, but will keep running and not...

CD ROM Malfunctioning [ 1 Answers ]

I am using Samsung CD ROM drive.For some days its tray Is not functioning properly.It is not opening after pressing the eject key.After repeated pressing it occasionally opens.But after opening the tray when I press the same key it is ejecting spontaneously just after closing and I cannot close...

View more questions Search