Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    AManWithNoName Posts: 424, Reputation: 9

Aug 18, 2009, 11:23 PM
    Cure for clingyness
    I was hugged by my mum too much I guess
    I am really really really clingy, and some times verry paranoid
    I get worried when my girlfreind doesn't answere texts right away, and end up sending like 5 more until she replys
    I have a feeling this is going to ruin our relationship, It has with others
    Any advice on how I could lay off the clingitude(I made that word up)
    amicon Posts: 6,066, Reputation: 1911
    Uber Member

Aug 18, 2009, 11:29 PM
    Hi-whats your relationship with your mother like today?and yes you need to change the clingitude-good word.make a deal with yourself to only text say twice a day-then Don't hit the ceiling if you don't get a reply right away.:-)

Aug 18, 2009, 11:33 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by amicon View Post
    hi-whats your relationship with your mother like today?and yes you need to change the clingitude-good word.make a deal with yourself to only text say twice a day-then DONT hit the ceiling if you dont get a reply right away.:-)
    Relationship with my mom, I'd say its verry calm, sometimes, she is kind of crazy and worries a lot about small things,so sometimes I avoid her, but sometimes we're on eachothers good side
    amicon Posts: 6,066, Reputation: 1911
    Uber Member

Aug 18, 2009, 11:50 PM
    So maybe you learnt the worry bit from your mum?my most recent ex was clingyish with a very complicated relationship with his mother. Maybe you should discuss this problem with someone professional?

Aug 18, 2009, 11:54 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by amicon View Post
    so maybe you learnt the worry bit from your mum?my most recent ex was clingyish with a very complicated relationship with his mother. Maybe you should discuss this problem with someone professional?
    I don't know if I can, don't have that kind of money or the time
    But could being too clingy scare off my girlfreind
    Triysle Posts: 245, Reputation: 84

Aug 19, 2009, 12:09 AM

The cure is to realize your own self-worth, man. You are insecure with yourself for whatever reason. Find the things about you that you don't like, and if you can change them, do so. If you can't change them, then accept them about yourself.

Better yet, focus on the things you DO like and work to make those aspects a bigger part of your life.

This problem has to be solved internally, not externally.

~ Tee
    kctiger Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 1319
    Ultra Member

Aug 19, 2009, 05:30 AM

The best cure for clingyness is to get a life of your own that you love.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Aug 19, 2009, 10:33 AM

A more balanced life, with a lot of things you enjoy, so you don't get so focused on a female.
    jmw0713 Posts: 1,012, Reputation: 305
    Ultra Member

Aug 19, 2009, 10:48 AM

Do things that will make you happy and boost yourself confidence.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is there a cure for OCD? [ 6 Answers ]

Hello there I am wondering if anyone knows a "cure" for OCD or at least how to calm it down. My sister has the disorder and it is a complete nightmare living with her its like living with cinderella this is probably why she is losing so much weight. I don't really know that much about it but she...

Trouble with clingyness [ 10 Answers ]

What's clingyness Ill tell you what I do And you decide 1. I call every night at 9 P.M. 2. I text her everymorning 3. if she doesn't answer ill call again multiple times. 4. ill say I love you excessively 5. I get upset when she says shell call back but she doesn't. 6. I will drop my...

The Cure. [ 3 Answers ]

I believe this is where this type of question should be posted... I was curious if someone had any idea on how to convert a live DVD concert to the correct audio format... so I could play it on my iPod (nano) -- . I heard/read it somewhere that it's possible... My search on trying to find out how...

Getting off the cure [ 2 Answers ]

Having successfully quit smoking using Chantrix, I am wondering if I will experience cravings for cigarettes when I try to stop the medication. Although Chantrix has helped a lot, the withdrawal symptoms still wear you down and I am not sure if I will have the strengh to withstand another couple of...

View more questions Search