03rahni Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 18, 2009, 10:05 PM
    Handyman Buisiness
    Do I need to be licensed to run a Handyman buisiness
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Aug 18, 2009, 10:53 PM
    Hi, 03rahni!

I'm going to answer under the assumption that you are going to be working without having any employers and also operating out of your home. Is that your situation? If you're going to be operating out of a store front of some kind and having employees, then that creates an entirely different scenario as to what type of licensure might be needed.
    There are some things that a handyman can do where they would normally need to be licensed for the specific types of work, such as electrical and plumbing.

One of the things that I do for a living, is that I'm a handyman. I work alone and out of my home. Around where I live and work, I don't have to have a license to do most of the things that I do for people.

The laws concerning being a handyman may be different for you from what they are around here. So, knowing your location as to where you will be wanting to work would be helpful to know.

Thanks!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Handyman site with free printable online plans [ 2 Answers ]

I wish to start by building bunkbeds, but cannot find a good site with printable plans other than ones I have to send for and pay for. Are there any good online sites with free printable woodworking plans?

Borrow the Boys handyman service looking for start up ideas. [ 4 Answers ]

My husband, brother-in-law and I have started a small handyman business. We have a great concept,low over head (home office) and great prices. The only problem seems to be getting jobs. Craig's list turned out to be a little scary and most people didn't want to pay more then $10.00 per hour. What's...

Buisiness plan sales [ 1 Answers ]

Are there any models that represent business plans for a salesperson that selling to aa vertical market (i.e. university, hospitals, hospitality).

Handyman business [ 3 Answers ]

Hi everybody. I am very handy and want to start my own business in home remodeling or as handyman. Do I need to get a license for handyman business? And as I know before applying for license I have to purchase liability insurance. Is all this info right or am I missing something? How and where can...

Cleaning buisiness [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I'm thinking of being self employed and start my own cleaning buisiness,does anyone have some tips on how to go about it?

View more questions Search