Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    xMaverickx Posts: 61, Reputation: 1

Aug 18, 2009, 02:50 PM
    Low to No energy.
    I am 19 years old and I am in great shape. I used to go to the gym about 4 days of week and I was as healthy as could be. Lately though, over the last couple months I have noticed that I am ALWAYS tired and I lack energy. I sleep most nights 9-10 hours, but still I can't function during the day. I feel like a zombie. I'm so tired that I get headaches most days and I lack any motivation to go to the gym, it even affects my appetite. I sometimes just can't eat. What could be causing this?
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Aug 18, 2009, 03:00 PM

What kinds of foods do you eat?

What things do you drink mainly?

Do you drink/eat diet artificial sweeteners?
    Foods with message?
    Use the microwave a good bit?
    Ren6 Posts: 539, Reputation: 121

Aug 18, 2009, 03:02 PM
    I'd go to the doctor and have him/her check you for mono. Mononucleosis causes extreme fatigue and usually hits adolescents/young adults.

Aug 18, 2009, 03:27 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by N0help4u View Post
    What kinds of foods do you eat?

What things do you drink mainly?

Do you drink/eat diet artificial sweeteners?
    Foods with msg?
    Use the microwave a good bit?
    I usually eat very healthy, I primarily drink water, I eat dairy, fruit, bread, you name it. I usually don't eat candy or foods that aren't good for you. No greasy foods like mcdonald's. I really don't get it

Aug 18, 2009, 03:28 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Ren6 View Post
    I'd go to the doctor and have him/her check you for mono. Mononucleosis causes extreme fatigue and usually hits adolescents/young adults.
    Somebody has already mentioned that to me, but I have had mono already, I thought once you get it, it won't return or am I wrong?
    Uber Member

Aug 18, 2009, 03:31 PM

Your body may just may need a rest.
    asking Posts: 2,673, Reputation: 660
    Ultra Member

Aug 18, 2009, 03:47 PM

Are you taking any medications or supplements? They could be interacting.

Also, is there anything stressful going on in your life? Parents divorcing? Having trouble in school? A person bothering you at work? I'm just throwing things out...

Aug 18, 2009, 03:54 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by asking View Post
    Are you taking any medications or supplements? They could be interacting.

Also, is there anything stressful going on in your life? Parents divorcing? Having trouble in school? A person bothering you at work? I'm just throwing things out...
    When I was working out, I was taking a protein supplement and a creatine pill, but as soon as I started getting really fatigued all the time... I stopped taking them, but still it didn't help. I have never been officially diagnosed, but I was seeing a phycologist for depression and anxiety and she mentioned that depression could effect my energy level. But as of late I have been in a good mood and doing great in school and work. I just don't know what could be wrong except I might have mono or something along those lines.
    Uber Member

Aug 18, 2009, 03:58 PM

Yeah depression has a lot to do with energy.

Get checked by the doctors and let us know

Hopefully we can come up with more ideas
    asking Posts: 2,673, Reputation: 660
    Ultra Member

Aug 18, 2009, 04:17 PM

It could be some kind of virus. In my 20s, I got very tired for about 3 months and then it gradually went away. I would have thought it was all in my head (which the doctors did), except my boyfriend had it too. We decided it was a virus. But it was never diagnosed in either of us. It went away though...

A doctor may try to persuade you that you are depressed and don't know it.. .
    Hope you figure something out or it goes away at least.
    Jillian11905 Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

Aug 26, 2009, 12:47 PM

What about your iron levels? I know that I am anemic. I have had this problem since I have started having kids and have read that extreme fatigue is one of the problems you will have with low iron. Just a thought? You sound like you should be very healthy. Are you upset about something? Depressed?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Potential Energy- Bonding Energy [ 1 Answers ]

Question: The net potential energy between two ions (e.g. Na+ andCl-) can be Represented as follows: EN =EA+ER = -A/r +B/rn (a) Calculate the bonding energy E0 in terms of the A, B, and n ...

Energy [ 2 Answers ]

Is the decomposition of gaseous dinitrogen pentoxide to gaseous nitrogen dioxide and oxygen exothermic or endothermic? How much energy is released or consumed if 11.0g of nitrogen pentoxide is completely decomposed as described?

Energy [ 3 Answers ]

What is band gap?

View more questions Search