Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    princesspiper Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 18, 2009, 01:10 PM
    Credit card judgment against me
    Hello , I have a judgment against me for $7000 , for credit card debt , collection agency that sued was Hudson and Keys . I was wondering what happens now , what can they take away from me , can they freeze my joint bank account , or make me sell personal items. I'm in Texas , what are the laws for this?
    Please help, Thank you :confused:
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Aug 18, 2009, 01:14 PM

I believe TX does not allow garnishment for unsecured debt. But they can attach any bank accounts you have.

Have you tried setting up a payment plan?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Credit card judgment [ 1 Answers ]

I have a credit card Court ordered judgment against me. Can I still include it in bankruptcy?:confused:

Credit Card Judgment [ 3 Answers ]

I'm in credit card trouble and Capital One and have already entered against me. The law firm said in the letter I received that if proper arrangements weren't made the judgment may include bank and wage garnishments, where so allowed by law. I only receive a check from Social Security Disability...

Credit card Judgment [ 3 Answers ]

Back in 1987 I didn't pay one of my credit card and so it stayed in my credit for 7 years. I just received a judgment on my credit for the same credit card. Is this possible? This has already ruined my credit 20 years ago. What should I do?

Credit Card Judgment [ 6 Answers ]

NY - I received a letter from the enforcement officer, that the court found favor of judgment for the creditor (Capital one) 1. I was never informed of a court date nor did I ever receive a letter on it 2. My credit limit was $600.00 court judgment is for $1629.00.. +interest from 04/10/08 Again...

View more questions Search