Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    a-mac Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 18, 2009, 11:27 AM
    Error message re NvCpl.dll
    "Error loading C:\WINDOWS\system32\NvCpl.dll" appears every time I boot up by PC, following by a shorter Error loading NvCpl.dll message.

Doesn't seem to affect anything that I''ve noticed yet though.

Is this a missing file or an out of date file?
    seahwk83 Posts: 3,276, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Aug 20, 2009, 09:07 PM

Downloading and reinstalling the nvidia drivers should resolve this

Try option 2 first
    Drivers - Download NVIDIA Drivers

Aug 22, 2009, 11:05 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by seahwk83 View Post
    downloading and reinstalling the nvidia drivers should resolve this

Try option 2 first
    Drivers - Download NVIDIA Drivers
    Thanks for you help seahwk83, and that, indeed was the direction I thought I would have to go until this morning when suddenly my computer wouldn't let me open System on Control Panel and came up with an error message that I knew had to be wrong:
    < Error loading C:\WINDOWS\system32\shell.dll >

So I decided to close my security app and as soon as Comodo was closed, everything loaded fine. I discovered that for some unknown mind-of-its-own reason, Comodo's Defence Plus was blocking these dll's from loading.

But as it COULD have been the driver needing an update, your NVIDIA drivers URL may prove useful to someone else doing a search for help.

Similarly my reply might help if, like mine, their problem has it root in Comodo or another security app like that.

When I first got Comodo to replace all my other defenses, I found it a brilliant application. Then it started blocking all sorts of stuff even telling me that iExlore.exe was malware!!
    seahwk83 Posts: 3,276, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Aug 22, 2009, 11:57 AM

Glad you got the worked out, have tried almost every similar type of app out there but have never tried Comodo

Aug 23, 2009, 04:10 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by seahwk83 View Post
    glad you got the worked out, have tried almost every similar type of app out there but have never tried Comodo
    It's quite a 'light app' in terms of memory capacity but a multi-tasker replacing alternative firewall, virus scanner, spyware protection and popup protection, so I was able to delete 4 other apps and replace it with one. It's very popular nowadays but there was just this glitch with it that time.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Error Message [ 1 Answers ]

I'm a novice with a computer. I'm using a Windows ME edition. When trying to view certain web sites, an error message stating "Dd help has caused an error in GDI.EXE". "Dd help will now close". This is happening quite often & would greatly appreciate any help in correcting this issue. ...

Error Message [ 2 Answers ]

I keep getting the following error message. It started after I downloaded Microsoft IE 7. I have since dumped 7 and restored my prior version but keep getting this error. Can anyone help me get rid of it? The instruction “at 0x74986b37” referenced memory at “0x00000024”. The memory could not...

Error message [ 4 Answers ]

Help me. Every time I turn on my computer I get this message A Fatal Exception OE has occurred at 0028:00c9106c. The current application will be terminated. I am using Windows 98SE What does this mean message mean and how do I fix it?

View more questions Search