Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    adam_89 Posts: 1,866, Reputation: 280
    Ultra Member

Aug 18, 2009, 08:59 AM
    Feel free to share some stories.
    I know some and a lot don't believe in ghosts or paramormal activity but If you do or have any experiences or stories I would love to hear them.
    Ultra Member

Aug 18, 2009, 10:48 AM

No takers on this one huh?
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Aug 18, 2009, 08:59 PM

I'm here.
    I got busy cooking but I'm back

I do believe in the paranormal but I do believe it may have SOME scientific explanation as well but none the less supernatural to a degree.

Ghost stories
    I believe many of the famous haunted places are haunted. The Queen Mary is a ship that is suppose to be really haunted and very eerie.

A friend of mine moved into the third floor of this house about a year ago and I had him and his girlfriend over for the fourth of July. His girlfriend was telling my neighbors about the little girl that bounces a ball of the bedroom wall and turns the lights and TV on and off. I had already heard the story and then a neighbor down the street walked up and heard them say Mckees Rocks and little girl ghost. The girl that just got there said their exact address and told the entire story down to what the girl wears and the size and the color of the ball.
    She said her sister had lived there years before.

what people call reincarnation
    I do not believe in reincarnation but I do believe what it actually is is a spirit sharing the persons body.

Two stories that really stood out to me were

This store keeper in India was shot and killed when his store was robbed. One year later a baby was born with the entrance and exit wounds as a birth mark. When he started getting old enough to talk he started telling stuff about thow he owned a store and the robbery.

Another story was about a baby born in Indiana or Illinois that started talking about his World War II plane and how it went down. His parents took him to a veterans reunion and he told his story and he recognized the people there that he was in the war with and talked with them like it was yesterday

Some of my own experiences
    My friend called and told me my ex bf's son had died of an overdose. Right after she told me for three weeks I kept having this thought that somebody famous worldwide was going to die a tragic death within a week and it was going to be someone younger rather than an old actress and I kept seeing a dark tunnel.
    Within three weeks Princess Di died.

Another time I was driving along the Ohio River and a plane was doing spirals for the air show. I had to look twice because I could have sworn that the plane had gone into the river. It went into the river the last day of the regatta.
    MaryJS Posts: 33, Reputation: 2

Aug 19, 2009, 01:18 AM

Adam_89: Even when I wished people with this story help, nobody bothered about it. They WANT to believe, and will believe in the most awkward stories that have the most reasonable and clearest scientific explanations, only to believe... that is quite sad.

Also, how big is the probability that one will not have any strange coincidences through ones life? One passes so many millions of moments, that there is a probability that some coincidences must happen, due to the amount of moments...
    hheath541 Posts: 2,762, Reputation: 584
    Experts

Aug 19, 2009, 01:30 AM

I have a ghost. He lived in my dorm and was scaring a couple friends who lived down the hall. He would turn computers and the TV on and off and just generally mess with their electronics. When they moved out for the summer I went into the room and told him that if he wanted he could live in my room instead of scaring whoever moved into that room the following year.

That summer, and the year afterward, he lived in my dorm room. He seemed to like the spare closet and my textbooks. When I would come back from being home for the weekend he would knock to let me know he was still there and that he wasn't happy I'd left him alone. When I was getting ready to move out for the summer the following summer I told him he could come home with me if he wanted, so he wouldn't be lonely.

Now he lives at home with me. He hangs out with all the books and sometimes goes outside to sit with my cat when he goes outside. He seems happy.

I don't know his story, or his name. I don't even know why I'm so sure he IS a he. I've never seen him, although one of my housemates sees him a semi-regular basis. I just know he's there. He's a very peaceful, quiet ghost who likes books and intellectual conversations.
    zippit Posts: 693, Reputation: 117
    -

Aug 19, 2009, 02:01 AM

I was visiting my sister and we were up talking one night and she was telling me something was bothering her it was messing with the blankets when she was sleeping and sometimes there was a round small bright light that would bounce around on walls
    I started question her about any new things she had brought in the house she kept on couldn't think of anything until later she remembered a book she had got she said"i think it had something about withcraft" she had bought other books but we found the one and it was full of withcraft I took it outside and was going to burn it and it wouldn't burn all I had was a lighter but the thing wouldn't burn when I threw it in this field it made a crazy sound like wings fluttering I went back the next morning and it was gone and the stuff bothering my sister stopped
    Experts

Aug 19, 2009, 02:35 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by zippit View Post
    i was visiting my sister and we were up talking one night and she was telling me something was bothering her it was messing with the blankets when she was sleeping and sometimes there was a round small bright light that would bounce around on walls
    i started question her about any new things she had brought in the house she kept on couldnt think of anything until later she remembered a book she had got she said"i think it had something about withcraft" she had bought other books but we found the one and it was full of withcraft i took it outside and was going to burn it and it wouldnt burn all i had was a lighter but the thing wouldnt burn when i threw it in this field it made a crazy sound like wings fluttering i went back the next morning and it was gone and the stuff bothering my sister stopped
    What sort of witchcraft? I have read numerous books on the subject, and even there are even several in my house, and I have never had one do anything like that?
    zippit Posts: 693, Reputation: 117
    -

Aug 19, 2009, 02:45 AM

I wish I could tell you
    It was in '82 I was 17
    If your into it maybe nothing bothers you
    Experts

Aug 19, 2009, 03:08 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by zippit View Post
    I wish i could tell you
    it was in '82 i was 17
    if your into it maybe nothing bothers you
    Possibly. Who knows *shrugs*
    Ultra Member

Aug 19, 2009, 06:39 AM

Hey guys.

Thanks for the stories. I enjoy reading them. I hope to see many more put up here.
    88sunflower Posts: 1,207, Reputation: 462
    Ultra Member

Aug 19, 2009, 07:59 AM
    Hey adam you already know part of mine but I will put it in and finish it. There was more.

My mother in law had passed away a few years before my son was born. Let me say she always wanted us to have a child and at the time we were never planning on it. Well my son was about 3 when this happened. He came in to my bedroom real late one night and said he was playing with the mean lady on the couch. I was a bit freaked but just had him get in bed with me. He went on to say she was playing with him and his Kermit the Frog pez dispenser. Well I had to get up and turn on the lights out of fear really. There on the floor near the couch was his Kermit the Frog. I was pooing my pants for sure!
    Well I decided to take out my wedding albums since he continued to talk about the mean lady. He even described her exactly and as I said she passed on years before he was born. Which she wasn't mean at all. She was the nicest most well liked women I had ever met. She just had a real stern look to her and like to use it to scare people. I was flipping through the pages with my son and he pointed her out instantly. He said it was her. He knew it was her and that's who played with him during the night.
    Well a short time went by and I was in his bedroom moving his bed and dresser around for something different. He has a rather large window that faces the road. We had he curtains open for the sun to shine in. He was sitting on the end of the bed while I moved it for a fun ride. But then he stopped talking and was looking out the window and said the mean lady was out there. He was just staring with a total blank look in his face. I was terrified being home alone. I kept moving the bed and I was watching his face and his gaze didn't move once. I knew he saw something because there was a ton of traffic going by and his eyes didn't move and he didn't blink. His little girlfriend was outside across the road and he never even changed his gaze to see what she as doing. I asked what she was doing and he picked up his arm and pointed his finger out and made this pointing gesture. I got pretty scared so I just nicely told him to ask his friend to leave us alone. It took a minute to get him to snap out of that. I think she listened and since those times she hasn't been back that we know of.
    Do I believe? Yes I do. He had never seen a photo of her and said every detail of how she looked. Right down to "grey" hair. At that point in time he didn't know the color grey, but he knew it and said it.
    Ultra Member

Aug 19, 2009, 10:34 AM

That just gives me cold chills Sunny,

Freaking me out. I was telling your story to my girlfriend last night to my girlfriend and it sure freaked her out too.
    Ultra Member

Aug 19, 2009, 10:37 AM
    Ya I know. She always was a prankster and truly wanted us to have children badly. I think that was her way of meeting her grandson I don't know.
    Ultra Member

Aug 19, 2009, 10:45 AM

Probably was her way to see him. Maybe she just got the chance to see him before she moved on completely. One way or another I would have not wanted to be there.

I wouldn't mind seeing a ghost but only if it was walking away or in someone's house that wasn't mine. I couldn't stand to wake up and see a ghost standing above me while I was sleeping. Just freaky.

I was reading about Alcatraz yesterday or the day before and I would love to go there and check it out. Supposedly the spirits there are evil and they were tortured souls just wondering around. You can pay to go there I just don't even want to know how much it would cost. I guess cell block 14-D is the worst one. That was the "hole" and there was one story of where one guy was locked in the hole and he started screaming saying there was glowing eyes in the hole with him and someone was in there with him. The guards wouldn't let him and they found him dead when they let him out and he had been strangled to death. A lot of people think he was strangled by the guards to keep him shut up but others don't think that is the case. There has been a lot of strange things go on there.

Maybe I will take my next vacation there.
    Ultra Member

Aug 19, 2009, 10:50 AM

Here is a link to the story I read and find it very interesting. Give it a read if you want and there is a number listed in there somewhere I am going to call here in a sec.

The Shadowlands: Famous Hauntings
    Ultra Member

Aug 19, 2009, 10:53 AM
    Thanks adam. I am going to read it for sure. I remember watching something on that before, I believe maybe it was the History Channel. So interesting.
    Ultra Member

Aug 19, 2009, 11:04 AM

Definitely interesting. I really want to go there now. I want to know more about the hauntings of alcatraz. Oh and don't call the number they give you. I wasn't paying attention but it is a recording and it tells you to call this number so I did and it was a sex chat line.
    Ultra Member

Aug 19, 2009, 11:13 AM
    Hahahaaa you right a sex chat line! As if you didn't know! Puh-leaze!

Haha just picking.
    Ultra Member

Aug 19, 2009, 11:18 AM

Yea, I really didn't want to call it. Funny thing is our 1-800 number here at work is one number off from a sex line and my boss used to give it out all the time instead of the real one. Accident of course. Use to upset some people. I find it hilarious.

Did you read up on the story yet?

I have been searching for prices on the tour and have found some cheap tickets but I would have to make my way to San Fransisco first and I don't even know if you get to go inside though.
    Ultra Member

Aug 19, 2009, 12:02 PM

My boss got an ear full from time to time but he still didin't know what he was doing wrong. Haha. This other guy accidentally did it the other day. I can't help but laugh at them.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Share your ghost stories? Do ghosts come out at graveyards? [ 2 Answers ]

Lately I have been really wanting to see a ghost. I had a dream last night I saw 3, and I keep gettnig scared in the dark lol because I think I'm going to see one. I've also been watchjing ghost videos, most look so real. On the weekend I'm going to a graveyard with my boyfriend because I think it...

Bulling advise and stories to share. [ 9 Answers ]

I was physically, mentally and verbally bullied by another girl at my school, for pretty much my whole school life. I completely hated it, I had even got to the point where I was about to leave all my friends behind and move as far away as I could. It took the whole 5 years at the school to...

Any hilarious, drunken or idiotic stories you want to share? [ 11 Answers ]

Anyone got any hilarious stories they want to share? Feel free, make me laugh :D Mine's pretty disgusting.. . Sorry, haha. Me and my friends went to this festival in England called the "Big Green Gathering". It's just a big festival where you camp for a week and listen to live music, buy,...

Stories from India Stories from Mexico Stories from Japan [ 3 Answers ]

I am looking for children's series books with the following titles: (they are a series by the same author/publisher) Stories from India Stories from Mexico Stories from Japan Other countries also not just these three

View more questions Search