Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Holly23 Posts: 180, Reputation: 15

Aug 19, 2009, 12:03 PM

Ive one for ye.
    My mother married my then step dad and we moved into the house where he had grown up.Both his parents died in that house aswel as a pair of still born twin were born there.Every thing was well and good until my mother separeted from him.Pictures of their wedding day would fly off the shelves as well as cups and plates of the dresser.My younger sister Ciara, then about 3, would have conversations about her day at night time when shed be alone in her room. But the creepiest of all was when my other sister Aisling (Who sadly passed away a short time after, God bless her) started to walk.In that kitchen I you were sitting on the couch you couldn't see into the sitting room unless you got up and walked to the end off the kitchen.Anyway one day we were sitting on the couch and Aisling was stumbling up and down the floor.When she reached the end she turned and faced the sitting room, waved and said "hello lady" and stumbled back down not a bother on her.Us really freaked out at this stage asked her to go back up and see was the lady still there "lady gone" and that was the end of that!
    adam_89 Posts: 1,866, Reputation: 280
    Ultra Member

Aug 19, 2009, 12:08 PM

Interesting story there Holly.
    Kind of creepy.
    Thank you for sharing or if you have anything else feel free to share more or stories of others.
    88sunflower Posts: 1,207, Reputation: 462
    Ultra Member

Aug 19, 2009, 12:09 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by adam_89 View Post
    Yea, I really didn't want to call it. Funny thing is our 1-800 number here at work is one number off from a sex line and my boss used to give it out all the time instead of the real one. Accident of course. Use to upset some people. I find it hilarious.

Did you read up on the story yet?

I have been searching for prices on the tour and have found some cheap tickets but I would have to make my way to San Fransisco first and I don't even know if you get to go inside though.
    I just finished reading it. I have one thing to say, your freaking crazy for wanting to go there! Take lots of pictures and maybe one will show in it.
    Ultra Member

Aug 19, 2009, 12:11 PM
    Very creepy Holly but a fun read!
    Ultra Member

Aug 19, 2009, 12:23 PM

I really get into that kind of thing sometimes but sometimes I make myself not believe but other times I make myself open to it. I really want to go though. Just think of the experience that would be. I couldn't imagine. They need to make a really scary movie about Alcatraz. Do they have any? I know they have several movies about Alcatraz. "The Rock" being my favorite but I don't know of any horror movies about it so if you know of any I will have to go rent it tonight. They need to make a new one at least.
    Ultra Member

Aug 19, 2009, 12:26 PM
    I really get into that kind of thing sometimes but sometimes I make myself not believe but other times I make myself open to it. I really want to go though. Just think of the experience that would be. I couldn't imagine. They need to make a really scary movie about Alcatraz. Do they have any? I know they have several movies about Alcatraz. "The Rock" being my favorite but I don't know of any horror movies about it so if you know of any I will have to go rent it tonight. They need to make a new one atleast.
    I don't know of any really. I get to scared to watch them. But I did see something on TV about Alcatraz.
    I love around October they start doing the series on TV "The Scariest Places on Earth" These families go in and search the places for ghosts. But most times I think its all a set up. Because of course every show has a ghost!
    Ultra Member

Aug 19, 2009, 12:52 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by 88sunflower View Post
    I dont know of any really. I get to scared to watch them. But I did see something on tv about Alcatraz.
    I love around October they start doing the series on tv "The Scariest Places on Earth" These families go in and search the places for ghosts. But most times I think its all a set up. Because of course every show has a ghost!
    Well, I guess that is another movie I will have to make about it. I think it could be good with the right take on everything. I was seeing something about getting a filming permit to go and film at Alcatraz. That is what I ought to do but how am I going to make a movie with a budget of 100 dollars? Hmm... We'll see.

That show sounds good except that it may be fake. I want to go ghost hunting. I don't mean it like it sounds but I want to go to all these places where events happened which lead people to believe the persons ghost haunts it.
    Ultra Member

Aug 19, 2009, 01:03 PM
    Oh you, I forgot about this one!

Ok my brother in law passed with colon cancer. His son, my nephew of course, then had a baby boy. It was Christmas time and all the family is together and we are taking pictures of the kids. Well my other niece comes over to me and says take a look at this. She had this white spot on a picture of my nephews son. She blew it up and I wasn't seeing it. Then instantly I got shivers and busted out in tears and literally threw that camera back at her. The orb blown up was the face of my brother in law and an old grey cat he used to love so much that also passed on. Plain as freaking day right there. He was in the room. You couldn't miss it. That scared me so bad!
    HelpinHere Posts: 1,062, Reputation: 144
    Ultra Member

Aug 19, 2009, 01:15 PM

I got one, or had one, at my old "house".

Let me give you some back story.

This house was built from scratch by some guy (never knew him myself) for his wife. He built the house itself, not the best house in the world, but not too shabby. Behind the house was a large detached garage.
    Now, the old guy loved his wife, but wanted some alone time. So, he "commandeered" the garage. He started building into it. He built a back bedroom, a bathroom, a hallway closet, a kitchen/dining room area, and a living room.
    Name:  Diagram.jpeg
Views: 203
Size:  12.0 KB(Don't remember what was in that shaded area...

Well, that guy died, but he stayed in that house.

We lived there for a few years. He would constantly turn lights and water on and off. Kind of telling us "you can be here, but it is still my house" kind of thing.
    One time, he unscrewed a lightbulb and it floated down across the room to land softly on the kitchen table. One time, the same light was impossible to turn. Got up on a ladder and it wouldn't budge. Then, as soon as we got out of the way, the lightbulb straight fell out of the socket, and shattered on the ground. I'm always told the story about how he tied my shoe for me, when I was a baby.

I'm sure there's more, but that's all I remember. :)
    Ultra Member

Aug 19, 2009, 01:18 PM
    OK dude if I saw a light bulb floating my arse would be packed and out of there!
    Ultra Member

Aug 19, 2009, 01:22 PM

Nice stories guys. You are giving me cold chills.

Do you have that picture anymore Sunny?

It would be interesting to see but if it is hard for you then I apologize for even bringing it up.
    Hardy23 Posts: 25, Reputation: 1

Aug 20, 2009, 11:39 PM

I don't believe in all these things. There is no ghost type things in reality. They don't exist.
    Ultra Member

Aug 21, 2009, 05:38 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardy23 View Post
    I don't believe in all these things. There is no ghost type things in reality. They don't exist.
    Why bother posting then?
    artlady Posts: 4,208, Reputation: 1477
    Ultra Member

Aug 21, 2009, 06:02 AM

I was sitting on my front steps and letting my dog out. It was evening.
    Across the street and down three houses I saw a man dressed up as a woman with a bonnet and he was a ghost.He was walking up the stairs and into the house, and he was in disguise.
    I fell sideways off the steps ,it was like someone just tipped me over sideways.
    I said to my BF "the underground railroad".
    I had heard of it before but I did not know that the street that I lived on was once a major place of safe houses for the underground railroad.
    It was pretty cool.
    Ultra Member

Aug 21, 2009, 06:04 AM
    I have seen more than one ghost in my life so I happen to know that they are real.My eyes did not deceive me.I know what I saw.
    Just because it has not personally happened to you does not mean it isn't real.
    Ultra Member

Aug 21, 2009, 06:25 AM

That would be creepy and makes complete sense. That is pretty cool to partake in some history there.

Have you had only good experiences with ghosts?
    Ultra Member

Aug 21, 2009, 06:42 AM
    That would be creepy and makes complete sense. That is pretty cool to partake in some history there.

Have you had only good experiences with ghosts?
    My mother lived in a senior facility and her apartment used to be a kindergarten classroom.
    One night when my son was little (around two or three) he was in her bedroom in his crib and it was time for him to sleep.I was in the other room and he was having a conversation.

He was talking ,and talking.I said that's enough talking and he said this lady won't let me go to sleep,she keeps talking to me!

I got cold chills and then I went in there and he described her to me and she said she used to be here all the time,so I can only assume she was a teacher who had passed.
    It had not been a school for over 50 years so she was an old ghost!

A few years later I was getting ready to fall asleep when I saw her in the room.She was more of a white moving shadow and I could not discern any features on her face. But I knew it was a woman.I asked her firmly to please leave and said a prayer for her and we never saw her again.
    Ultra Member

Aug 21, 2009, 06:55 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by artlady View Post
    My mother lived in a senior facility and her apartment used to be a kindergarten classroom.
    One night when my son was little (around two or three) he was in her bedroom in his crib and it was time for him to sleep.I was in the other room and he was having a conversation.

He was talking ,and talking.I said thats enough talking and he said this lady won't let me go to sleep,she keeps talking to me!

I got cold chills and then I went in there and he described her to me and she said she used to be here all the time,so I can only assume she was a teacher who had passed.
    It had not been a school for over 50 years so she was an old ghost!

A few years later I was getting ready to fall asleep when I saw her in the room.She was more of a white moving shadow and I could not discern any features on her face. But I knew it was a woman.I asked her firmly to please leave and said a prayer for her and we never saw her again.
    That is very interesting. I don't know if I could come face to face with a ghost. I would probably pee myself. I have had my experiences with ghosts but never seen one.
    HelpinHere Posts: 1,062, Reputation: 144
    Ultra Member

Aug 21, 2009, 01:04 PM
    Seriously, you're entitled to your opinion, but openly calling the users here either liars or hallucinators is just rude.

But anyway, the ghost I described, at my old house, wasn't really the appearance of a "ghost" as you would imagine, but rather, was like nothing was there, or sometimes it would be like a foggy area in the air. Nothing visible, just like thicker air.
    hheath541 Posts: 2,762, Reputation: 584
    Experts

Aug 21, 2009, 01:24 PM
    And simply because of that you will never see, or otherwise perceive, a ghost or other supernatural phenomenon. In order to experience something, you have to be open to the experience.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Share your ghost stories? Do ghosts come out at graveyards? [ 2 Answers ]

Lately I have been really wanting to see a ghost. I had a dream last night I saw 3, and I keep gettnig scared in the dark lol because I think I'm going to see one. I've also been watchjing ghost videos, most look so real. On the weekend I'm going to a graveyard with my boyfriend because I think it...

Bulling advise and stories to share. [ 9 Answers ]

I was physically, mentally and verbally bullied by another girl at my school, for pretty much my whole school life. I completely hated it, I had even got to the point where I was about to leave all my friends behind and move as far away as I could. It took the whole 5 years at the school to...

Any hilarious, drunken or idiotic stories you want to share? [ 11 Answers ]

Anyone got any hilarious stories they want to share? Feel free, make me laugh :D Mine's pretty disgusting.. . Sorry, haha. Me and my friends went to this festival in England called the "Big Green Gathering". It's just a big festival where you camp for a week and listen to live music, buy,...

Stories from India Stories from Mexico Stories from Japan [ 3 Answers ]

I am looking for children's series books with the following titles: (they are a series by the same author/publisher) Stories from India Stories from Mexico Stories from Japan Other countries also not just these three

View more questions Search