Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    marthal Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 18, 2009, 06:08 AM
    Removing Storehouse desk drawer
    I have a Storehouse desk which is about 12 years old. It is either pine or light oak. The drawers are set on a slider bracket. Something has fallen into the space behind one of the drawers and I cannot get the drawer off the bracket to remove what is obstructing the drawer from closing. Any thoughts on how to get this drawer off the bracket?
    Thanks.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Aug 18, 2009, 01:14 PM

Can you remove any of the other drawers to give you a place to fish your hand in? It is most likely something sticking up inside the drawer and the objects hits the backside of the face. Something's shaking the heck of the desk will get things to settle. With my its usually a book or ruler that tilted up when I closed the drawer

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Removing drawers from executive oak desk [ 15 Answers ]

I need to remove drawers from a heavy oak executive desk about 20 years old. The glides are flat metal and I don't see a release. Lifting doesn't work. Pulling hard doesn't work.

Stuck desk drawer [ 14 Answers ]

My office desk drawer is stuck closed. It opens only an inch. It is on side sliders and there appears to be no way to access the sliders that seem to catch on something inside the track.

How to get a counterweighted drawer on metal desk unstuck? [ 0 Answers ]

My desk has counterweighted drawers, and frequently the top drawer won't open, as if the bottom drawer is open (you can only open one drawer at a time). I'd like to either fix whatever is causing this to happen, or disable the counterweight function that prevents both drawers being opened at the...

Opening Locked (not keyed) Desk Drawer [ 4 Answers ]

I have a 1930s wood schoolteacher desk that my roommate somehow locked on the left side. She only remembers closing the drawers. It's of the vintage/style where there's a catch or latch on the back of the drawer -- not keyed. The drawers are empty (she locked it while packing to move). I can't...

Unlocking desk drawer [ 5 Answers ]

I have three "work stations" or desk units. Each has a drawer that can be locked with a small key. Each one was locked when we moved. The keys are lost. Does anyone have any tips on how to unlock? I don't want to pay for a locksmith. I tried the usual: hair pin, small screw driver.

View more questions Search