Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    henna001 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 24, 2006, 12:51 PM
    Background check; concerned...
    Hi,

For the past year I have worked in HR as an assistant. I graduated from college last year. (05) Recently I applied for a position at a big company, and rec'd the offer for a recruiting coordinator. I accepted the offer and I have about 2 weeks until I start. The company is VERY thorough with their background checks. Now here is my concern...

I am fine in every aspect of the background check (no lying, no criminal charges, great credit etc)... but I am worried about one thing. This company usually cares about GPA's from college for their audit/consulting positions. First off, my position is in HR, and there was NO required GPA for the position on the job posting, and the position didn't even require a bachelors degree either. It was "preferred" but not "required." During my interview process no one ever asked me my gpa. And I thought I was being hired as an "experienced" hire, and thought that when they would do the background check they wouldn't request my transcripts. I recently found out they did request my transcripts from my college...

Now I'm worried, do you think they will rescind the offer based on my GPA? Even though it was never a requirement? BTW- when I interviewed, everyone on the team loved me, and all my references, and past/current employers gave great reviews on my job performance. And I'm also an employee referral.

My friends keep telling me that I'm over analyzing and that they will not rescind the offer based on my gpa when it wasn't a requirement to begin with. But I guess I can't help but worry because I'm changing a lot in my life for this job. I gave my two week notice at my current job, and I'm relocating to another city 80 miles away.

Can anyone help answer my questions? I would really appreciate it. I can't sleep at night! Lol :(

Thank you!!
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Oct 24, 2006, 01:07 PM
    I wouldn't worry. Since you did nothing wrong, I don't think they will rescind the offer based on it. If they did, you may have an action against them. Especially since you have made changes in your life based on a bona fide offer.
    kiwimac Posts: 22, Reputation: 7

Oct 24, 2006, 01:29 PM
    If the GPA was not a requirement then they can not rescind the offer based on it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Background check interfere with jobs? [ 2 Answers ]

I am going through school to become a surgical tech.and wonder about past crimminal backgroun,about 10 yrs,ago, will affect my chances in job placements??

Should I be concerned? [ 5 Answers ]

My ex boyfriend was diagnosed with 'Genital Warts' recently and as a precaution I went to the Doctors (cause you just never know) - she referred me to a clinic to have tests done for STD's. I was screened for everything and they all came back negative which was a huge relief. I had had some...

Concerned about my dog [ 3 Answers ]

Hi everyone. I have been highly concerned about my (what we believe is a Chow/Doberman/Shepard) mix. She is 10, going on 11 years old. She is overweight, and has been for awhile. Recently, she has been scratching excessively (what we believe is triggered due to allergies, she does it every year...

Concerned... [ 1 Answers ]

I recently swtiched from Yasmin birth control to Orthotrycycline. I've been taking them as directed by my dr. I just got switched to a new insurance company and had just now gotton the ability to get the prescriptions filled. So I have not had a pill since Sept. 8th (Weds.) My dr. told me to...

View more questions Search