Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Sukitonto Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 17, 2009, 09:15 PM
    Two families, child support high, options?
    My husband and I are having our first child. He pays a lot of child support for his son who he only sees on weekends. The mother is remarried and they now a child together. We are barely getting by when it seems they are doing well. I live in CA so the child support laws are strict. I want to find out how to reduce cost of child support each month with the above scenario.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Aug 17, 2009, 09:27 PM

The only way he can get out of paying is if his ex's husband wants to adopt.
    You can go back to court and get the order modified if there is a decrease in income
    Those are the only two ways I know
    stinawords Posts: 2,071, Reputation: 150
    Ultra Member

Aug 17, 2009, 09:34 PM

He can file in court for a modification of support based on the fact that he has another child. That is a large change, however, it probably won't drop it by that much because the other child was born first (and he knew he had another child to support before the two of you decided to have children). I'm not judging but that is the way the law looks at it. If he has had a significant decrease in income that would also be a factor. But no matter what it means going back to court.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Child Support - 2 child living at separate parents - 1 child turning 18 soon. [ 6 Answers ]

I will try not to make this too long but I went through a 3 year court battle with my ex with our 2 kids who are now 17 (Daughter) and 15 (Son). My son has been living with his dad since he was like 9 because I let him. Court battle was dropped due to judge thinking my ex was lying after 3 years...

Determining Last Child Support Payment When Child is 18 and Graduate High School [ 5 Answers ]

My step-son is 18 and will graduate high school on 6/18. We have him full time. My husband's ex pays $1,204 per month (payable half on the 1st and half on the 15th via wage garnishment.) It is my position that she has to pay the entire month's worth ($1204) because his graduation is after...

I pay child support and will like to know my options on visitation? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi Everyone I am new to the forum and will accept any legal advice that is given in good faith. Here is a little back ground. I am a noncustodial parent (male) I have resonable visitation rights( can someone explian that to me?). I currently live 50 miles away from my child, and I don't have a...

High child support payments [ 4 Answers ]

Hi I am in need of advise for a friend who is in desperate need. I have a friend who currently has a child support case in the state of Missouri. He currently resides in the state of Florida. His payments were based on how much he made as a trucker when he was living in Missouri. A couple of months...

Fathers child support too high? [ 5 Answers ]

My husband has been paying child support without complaint for 5yrs now. When the amount was set in court, he was unavailable to be there. I feel that the amount set was a bit inflated due to his absence. He pays the monthly amount and then on top of that amount, he pays 1/2 of her day care and 1/2...

View more questions Search