Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    BrownDeceit Posts: 366, Reputation: 24

Aug 17, 2009, 06:40 PM
    Are all of these ingredients natural? My results seem too good to be true.
    Hey. So I'm using this natural skin lightener. My mother is the queen of skin lightening. Lol. If you saw her before and after pics you'd be amazed. So I always rummage through her stuff. Annnnnnd. I found this glycerine based product. It's from Paris and kind of expensive. It says it's natural. So I gave it a shot. And I kid you not. I lighten half a shade as each day goes by. And it's making my scars go away and it's hydrating my skin and making it look so youthful (Even though I'm young, 20 to be exact... But it's still making my skin look really fresh and young)... So I wanted to list the ingredients here to see if any of you guys spot a red flag... So on the front of the bottle it says {55 H+} CHRISTALINE (I think this is the brand name. But I could be wrong? Half of the bottle is in enlgish. Half in french. So I'm so confused. Lol) Glycerine fine Strong-Lightening (Recommended in health stores and dermatologist practices)

On the back it says:

"Fine composition of glycerine, enriched with extra quality vegetable products, preserving all main properties and vitamins. Manufactured using the best lightenigh plants. It's soft and deep action feeds and moisturizes the epidermis, keeping it soft, mild and smooth. It is recommended for all types of skins, preventing them from dryness, aging, and wrinkles."

Directions for use: Apply carefully this lotion on face and neck surface< using a cotton wool> Do not rinse> Let them dry completely before applying other treatments (creams or make-ups).

WARNING: For External use only. In case of contact with eyes rinse them with plenty of cold water.

Ingredients: Glycerine, Propiene Glycol, Arctostaphyious Uva-Ursi (Bearberry extract), PEG-40 Hydrogenated caster oil, Trideceth-9, Parfum (fragrance), Morus bombycis (Mulberry root extract), Daucus Carota, Ascorbic Acid, Sodium Lactate, Sodium Medtabisulfite, Bencyl Alcohol, Methychtoroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone.
    Golden_Girl Posts: 1,930, Reputation: 60
    Ultra Member

Aug 17, 2009, 10:52 PM
    Well I know that glycerin (glycerine) is an emollient, in other words it helps attract as well as retain moisture and it's good for the skin and hair. Here is brief info of what the other ingredients are:

-Propiene Glycol: Comes from petroleum and used as a solvent, usually used in cosmetics that will be applied near the eyes. Also, possibly carcinogenic.

-Arctostaphyious Uva-Ursi (Bearberry leaf extract): This is a good lightening ingredient, help kills bacteria, and also contains arbutin

-PEG-40 Hydrogenated caster oil: derives from castor oil, used in cosmetics

-Trideceth-9, Parfum (fragrance): of course fragrance

-Morus bombycis (Mulberry root extract): Another good skin lightener that comes from
    Japan, from the dried skin of the mulberry roots.

-Daucus Carota: Meaning "carrot seed oil", rich in vitamin A which keeps skin looking young.

-Ascorbic Acid, Sodium Lactate: Ascorbic Acid is one of the forms of vitamin C and is an antioxidant, it helps produce collagen, helps to lighten, also good for wrinkles and sun damage.

-Sodium Medtabisulfite: This is used to slow or prevent deterioration of the product.

-Bencyl Alcohol: (benzyl) Can adjust the pH, help preserve, and also used as a solvent

-Methychtoroisothiazolinone: A preservative that helps kill fungi, bacteria, and yeast. Considered an allergin and can cause brain and nerve damage.

-Methylisothiazolinone: (aka "MIT") Used to help kill bacteria and is another preservative, it's also well-known to cause brain and nerve damage, and is toxic. Also used in soaps for hands and the dishes.

These 2 websites I really like the most:
    http://www.cosmeticsdatabase.com/
    Dangerous chemicals in personal care products compromise health by Mike Adams the Health Ranger

Aug 18, 2009, 12:41 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden_Girl View Post
    Well I know that glycerin (glycerine) is an emollient, in other words it helps attract as well as retain moisture and it's good for the skin and hair. Here is brief info of what the other ingredients are:

-Propiene Glycol: Comes from petroleum and used as a solvent, usually used in cosmetics that will be applied near the eyes. Also, possibly carcinogenic.

-Arctostaphyious Uva-Ursi (Bearberry leaf extract): This is a good lightening ingredient, help kills bacteria, and also contains arbutin

-PEG-40 Hydrogenated caster oil: derives from castor oil, used in cosmetics

-Trideceth-9, Parfum (fragrance): of course fragrance

-Morus bombycis (Mulberry root extract): Another good skin lightener that comes from
    Japan, from the dried skin of the mulberry roots.

-Daucus Carota: Meaning "carrot seed oil", rich in vitamin A which keeps skin looking young.

-Ascorbic Acid, Sodium Lactate: Ascorbic Acid is one of the forms of vitamin C and is an antioxidant, it helps produce collagen, helps to lighten, also good for wrinkles and sun damage.

-Sodium Medtabisulfite: This is used to slow or prevent deterioration of the product.

-Bencyl Alcohol: (benzyl) Can adjust the pH, help preserve, and also used as a solvent

-Methychtoroisothiazolinone: A preservative that helps kill fungi, bacteria, and yeast. Considered an allergin and can cause brain and nerve damage.

-Methylisothiazolinone: (aka "MIT") Used to help kill bacteria and is another preservative, it's also well-known to cause brain and nerve damage, and is toxic. Also used in soaps for hands and the dishes.

These 2 websites I really like the most:
    http://www.cosmeticsdatabase.com/
    Dangerous chemicals in personal care products compromise health by Mike Adams the Health Ranger
    Since ingredients are listed from the most potent in the product to the least potent. Would it be plausible to assume that those last two ingredients aren't present in a sufficient enough amount to pose a threat?
    fairr Posts: 285, Reputation: 6

Aug 18, 2009, 12:49 AM

I swear most products made in paris and africa are linked and dangerous? :S
    Golden_Girl Posts: 1,930, Reputation: 60
    Ultra Member

Aug 18, 2009, 04:59 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by BrownDeceit View Post
    since ingredients are listed from the most potent in the product to the least potent. Would it be plausible to assume that those last two ingredients aren't present in a sufficient enough amount to pose a threat?
    When you look at it, most preservatives in our cosmeics and food are not very safe in the long run. It hasn't been used for ample amounts of time and the amount of preservative is small, so I see no big threat in it. Personally, I think it's fine to use the product as it has some good benefits to it as well and you noticed good lightening.
    RedDiamond Posts: 359, Reputation: 9

Aug 18, 2009, 06:37 PM

How much lighter did you get? What is your mother using since she had good results? Thanks
    so sexy Posts: 532, Reputation: 12

Aug 18, 2009, 07:24 PM
    I have heard of the product but not many reviews.

Aug 18, 2009, 11:56 PM

Yeah, could you tell us from what shade (celebretie) you went from to what shade (celebretie)? And in how long?
    Thanks!
    imgorgeous Posts: 385, Reputation: 14

Aug 19, 2009, 02:46 AM

Brown deceit... you are lucky if its working.. and besides if you mother has been using it since ages wihtout problems... why are you even tensed...

I could say that's safe enough to continue your lightening venture...

I wouldn't mind you sharing the product name with us eithe r... lol... im desperate to lighten and I'm not getting as lucky as you are...
    dessaml Posts: 210, Reputation: 9

Aug 19, 2009, 03:06 AM
    I have been wondering about 55H+, thanks for the review
    dessaml Posts: 210, Reputation: 9

Aug 19, 2009, 03:38 AM
    Oh yeah, I'm also wondering... if it works so well then why did your mom stop using it and let you have it? Did she find something that worked better? Or does she still use it.

Sep 5, 2009, 08:55 AM

Browndeceit are you still using Christaline? If so how are your results coming along?
    lighterrr Posts: 1,415, Reputation: 72
    Ultra Member

Sep 5, 2009, 09:37 AM

Where can you buy this stuff
    RedDiamond Posts: 359, Reputation: 9

Sep 5, 2009, 09:44 AM

I'm confused with all the talk about Christaline. I've goggled it and couldn't find anything. Can someone please explain what is it , how it works, and where to buy it.

Sep 5, 2009, 09:44 AM

Do a Google search

Sep 5, 2009, 09:45 AM
    Whoops, sorry didn't get your post red diamond, I don't know anything about this product sorry!

Sep 5, 2009, 10:01 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by lighterrr View Post
    where can you buy this stuff
    The first few days I tried nothing came up, but I finally found some sites that carry it. Once again not sure of who is legit I will pm them to you therefore you can see if you may have ordered products from them before and know who is actually safe to buy from. I'm wanting to order asap.

Sep 6, 2009, 07:53 AM

Hey everyone. Sorry I've been gone for so long. I've been busy with moving back on campus and school and moving everything into my new apartment. I sent the before and after pics to everyone that asked. And fairr I tried to send it to you but it said the storage in your inbox was too full.

Sep 6, 2009, 08:15 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by BrownDeceit View Post
    Hey everyone. Sorry I've been gone for so long. I've been busy with moving back on campus and school and moving everything into my new apartment. I sent the before and after pics to everyone that asked. And fairr I tried to send it to you but it said the storage in your inbox was too full.
    BrownDeciet send me your pics I am pm-ing you my e-mail

Sep 6, 2009, 10:31 AM

I deleted my inbox so it should be able to send now! :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Has *ANYONE* ever gotten good results from Mono? [ 6 Answers ]

I've never ever come across anybody who successfully whitened/lighten their skin with monobenzone, just horror stories. That's one of the reasons I have not touched it.

Are the following ingredients good for dogs? [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I like making my our dog treats for my dog, I came across some unique recipes and I would like to know if the following ingredients are good for dogs to consume: Flax seeds Sesame seeds Lentils Carrots Bananas Apples Oat bran Wheat germ

Any good results from monobenzone? [ 7 Answers ]

Please can any one tell me if there has beeen any positive results from using monobenzone How dark where you and how light did you become? Thankz x

Will this give me good results [ 1 Answers ]

7:00 am - lowfat yogurt 10:00 am - banana 1:00 pm - 20 baby carrots w/lite ranch dip and a serving of orange juice 4:00 pm - strawberries and 3/4 cup lowfat milk 6-7:00 pm - baked chicken and salad 8:00 or 9:00 pm I will use the treadmill for 45 minutes walking at 3.8 mph and run for a minute...

Good Japanese shops that sell ingredients on-line [ 1 Answers ]

My brother needs ingredients for several Japanese dishes and we can't find what we need. Could someone tell me where I can find some.

View more questions Search