Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Golden_Girl Posts: 1,930, Reputation: 60
    Ultra Member

Oct 20, 2009, 08:20 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by BrownDeceit View Post
    Golden my bottle looked like it was missing about an eighth of the product as well. Same with the first bottle I used (my mothers). I think it just comes like that.
    OK thanks, so that is a relief! I'm just impatiently waiting for my retin-a to arrive... I already have the papaya soap and 55H+. I won't be home from tomorrow until Monday, so I will have to just wait until next week to start.

Yeah, you have a good brand NewDay, that was the first brand of vitamin c I was using and I liked it. I just don't like taking pills. Nature Made also sells the liquid form but I decided to try a brand that cost less but supposed to be good too.

Vitamin C is supposed to help also with the lightening process. After I have lightened 2-3 shades, I'll start looking into making a vitmamin C serum for my skin as well.
    so sexy Posts: 532, Reputation: 12

Oct 21, 2009, 11:21 AM

How are you going to take your vit-c Golden_girl?
    aruama Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Oct 21, 2009, 12:26 PM

@ golden girl, I bot some of the likas papaya soap from a phillipino store and I just showered with it and didn't work... so the lady told me to wet the soap rub it on my body and den when its completely dry I take a shower... I didn't have time for that so I stopped using it... but hope this technique works for u... :)

Oct 21, 2009, 01:08 PM

I'm lazy so I only use on my face, I don't have time to bathe in soap than wait outside the shower than later wash it off. When I shower that's exactly what I want to do, so I only use the likas on my face. I like it.
    aruama Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Oct 21, 2009, 01:50 PM

Lol... so sexy... I know how u feel...
    Ultra Member

Oct 21, 2009, 07:36 PM
    I'm going to drink it, maybe take 1 or 2 tablespoons daily so that'll be 1,000-2,000mg a day. I'll have to do some reading to see which amount is the most effective and hopefully it will help aid with the lightening. Maybe around December if I lighten a couple of shades, I want to start making a vitamin c rich serum, don't know yet if I can do this with liquid vitmamin c or it would go rancid. So, I may get the powdered form to make and also still take it as well as a supplement. I smelled it today and it smelled like lemonade or orange juice... tasty.

Lol... yeah I plan to use it the way I did with the Diana Stalder papaya soap. I was kind of impatient with the DS, I lathering with the body first and work my way up to my face. So I actually had a fan to blow me dry quicker, let sit for a little and then rinse. I just don't have the patience to just stand there and wait... but surprised I didn't get a cold either.
    canuguesswhoiam Posts: 44, Reputation: -1

Oct 21, 2009, 07:44 PM

Bio claire and its related products seem very risky, it might be the steroids thinning out your skin to make it look light but it could really backfire back.

Oct 21, 2009, 07:56 PM

Yea my skin had gotten really thin, my viens were showing.

Oct 21, 2009, 07:58 PM
    I know the hype with the gluta pills were to take vitamin-c pills, I did when I used Gluta. Now what are the affects of the vit-c alone?
    Ultra Member

Oct 21, 2009, 08:32 PM
    I had printed an article of how vitamin c can help aid with the skin lightening as well as help with better absorption while using an effective lightener, I'll have to find it or find it online again. I'm going to give it a try to see if it is theory only or if it can really help aide the skin lightening process. But, yeah with gluta pills that's just trash.
    Ultra Member

Oct 21, 2009, 09:34 PM
    I am hoping it will help aid with the lightening process with the skin lighteners and with absorption of other minerals and vitamins, and to help with melasma, ands help prevent the skin to thin since it helps with the production of collagen and elastin. I am still unsure which works best, topical or oral or to just use both. I had read in order for it to be used to help lighten the skin topically, I must be used higher than 5% and that it possibly can become unstable and oxidize when used in cosmetics. So, I'm hoping the oral method will help.

http://content.karger.com/ProdukteDB...oduktNr=224164

http://cat.inist.fr/?aModele=affiche.../vitamin_c.htm
    http://elixirnews.com/newsView.php?id=395&catID=20
    http://www.streetdirectory.com/trave..._easy_way.html

http://www.beautymagonline.com/pages/oriental_skin2.htm
    From an asian article: "Antioxidants should be used in conjunction and I recommend oral antioxidants as well as topical products because one needs to persuade the melanocyte to make as little melanin as possible. Oral vitamin C may be useful in lightening pigmentation provided that adequate sun protection is being used. I recommend about 1000 mg of oral vitamin C (best taken as the ester) and I also use the strongest vitamin C that I know of as a topical agent. I use a product with ascorbyl tetra-isopalmitate which is much more effective than 15% ascorbic acid or magnesium ascorbyl phosphate. This form of vitamin C is absorbed into the cell in high concentrations and creates an antioxidant atmosphere that counteracts the oxidising atmosphere that is necessary for the chain of reactions that produce melanin. In addition it is a tyrosinase inhibitor."

I had sent an email asking what form of vitamin c it is ascorbic acid, magnesium ascorbyl phosphate, ascorbyl tetra-isopalmitate. It is kosher and doesn't contain yeast, wheat, corn, soy or milk. So, it may be trial and error until I find the most ideal liquid brand.
    preshus Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Oct 22, 2009, 05:32 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden_Girl View Post
    Ok, I am now waiting for everything to arrive and I am hoping I'll receive everything by this week:

1. Likas Papaya Skin Whitening Herbal Soap
    2. 55H+ Cristaline Glycerine Fine Eclaircissant Intense
    3. Tretinoin 0.05%
    4. Hydroquinone 4% ( for my arms, hands, acne spots)
    5. Dynamic Health Liquid Vitamin C w/Natural Rose Hips & Bioflavonoids: 1,000mg 16 oz
    6. Neutrogena spf 85

*I also ordered generic brand of Lattise, so I hope to grow extra long and thick eyelashes before the winter is over.

So, I have my fingers crossed and am hoping for the best. This is what I'll be using for the next month or so.
    Where did you get your 55 H +? I can't find it anywhere in NYC, or on the net. I tried Amazon, they don't have it.
    tanyaa Posts: 59, Reputation: 1

Oct 22, 2009, 07:11 AM

Hy golden_girl:).how can I read that aritcle?
    Ultra Member

Oct 22, 2009, 07:24 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tanyaa View Post
    hy golden_girl:).how can i read that aritcle?
    Hey, I'm still searching for it, It was a really good site that had a lot of information on it and everything broken down to a science too. Hopefully, I'll be able to find it by this weekend and I'll post it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Has *ANYONE* ever gotten good results from Mono? [ 6 Answers ]

I've never ever come across anybody who successfully whitened/lighten their skin with monobenzone, just horror stories. That's one of the reasons I have not touched it.

Are the following ingredients good for dogs? [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I like making my our dog treats for my dog, I came across some unique recipes and I would like to know if the following ingredients are good for dogs to consume: Flax seeds Sesame seeds Lentils Carrots Bananas Apples Oat bran Wheat germ

Any good results from monobenzone? [ 7 Answers ]

Please can any one tell me if there has beeen any positive results from using monobenzone How dark where you and how light did you become? Thankz x

Will this give me good results [ 1 Answers ]

7:00 am - lowfat yogurt 10:00 am - banana 1:00 pm - 20 baby carrots w/lite ranch dip and a serving of orange juice 4:00 pm - strawberries and 3/4 cup lowfat milk 6-7:00 pm - baked chicken and salad 8:00 or 9:00 pm I will use the treadmill for 45 minutes walking at 3.8 mph and run for a minute...

Good Japanese shops that sell ingredients on-line [ 1 Answers ]

My brother needs ingredients for several Japanese dishes and we can't find what we need. Could someone tell me where I can find some.

View more questions Search