Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    number9forlife1 Posts: 51, Reputation: 1

Aug 17, 2009, 06:11 PM
    What's up with that!
    Ok, my mom's really cool, I'm just going to say first! So, I'm 15 and I wanted a tattoo... she's cool with me wanting one and everything, it's small and would be hiden very well (behind my ear), but I don't really want the one we agreed one which was a music note anymore... she doesn't want it changed... so I just thought about not getting it until I turn
    18, that way I can make my own choice about what I want, and it's my problem down the road if I don't want it. So I told her I didn't want one anymore, but instead I want my lip pierced, and she's totally against it! SHE doesn't like the way they look... I do understand a little bit of why I can't get it. I work at a country club and you have to look nice, but I was thinking about getting a clear one... but still NO! So, she's totally cool with me marking up my body and possibly regreating it down the road, but against me getting my lip done, that I can just take out, and it's gone! How can I get her to let me get it? After all it is MY body... I should beable to get what I want pierced!
    britEl Posts: 244, Reputation: 35

Aug 17, 2009, 11:35 PM

Well you're lucky your allowed to get a tattoo, I'm 18 and if I got a tattoo or any facial piercing both of my parents would kick me out of the house!
    Maybe she's against it because it is right on your face where everyone (including her) will see it.
    Also most adults I know aren't really caught up with the times and trends and any conversation about facial piercings I get a huge lecture on: how ugly they look, how it can scar, how its trashy (which is all BS in my opinion and anyone else my age!)
    Just try having a grownup talk with her tell her you realllly want this done and if it doesn't look good you can just take it out! If your moms OK with permanent then a piercing should really be no big deal!
    MissRissa Posts: 68, Reputation: 15

Aug 18, 2009, 06:56 PM

I don't know "what's up with that", but the best advice I can give you is get over it. If she doesn't want to take you to get it done then she won't, I'm sorry.
    HelpinHere Posts: 1,062, Reputation: 144
    Ultra Member

Aug 18, 2009, 10:17 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by number9forlife1 View Post
    me getting my lip done, that i can just take out, and it's gone!! how can i get her to let me get it? after all it is MY body...i should beable to get what i want pierced!
    No, you are wrong.

1: It's not that simple. You work at a country club (I'm jealous, I can't get a job in this economy, :)), have you even asked your boss? You can't "just take [it] out", first of all. You have to wait two weeks. It's very uncomfortable, and if you don't follow the strict procedures, or take it out too early, it will get infected, and that is HORRIBLE on your lip. Plus, you can't start with a "clear" one, and they are MUCH more visible than you realize.

2: No, again. Until you turn 18, or in certain states (which I'm sure you're not, since you stated waiting until you're 18) your parents have legal control of your body. I know, the law sucks, but that's the way it is, and unless you move to a different country, that's the way it's going to stay.
    AManWithNoName Posts: 424, Reputation: 9

Aug 18, 2009, 10:54 PM

Your lucky your mom let you get a tattoo, I isn't getting one until I'm off to college and I'm never telling my parents about it
    Be grateful you got a tattoo, you don't need a lip peircing and just drop it
    AManWithNoName Posts: 424, Reputation: 9

Aug 18, 2009, 10:55 PM
    YouTube - Metallica - Mama Said
    emilyjade Posts: 33, Reputation: 1

Aug 19, 2009, 09:16 PM

What I did with my mom(for a piercing on my ear lol) was just kept discussing why I like it so much, and told her that I would pay for it myself. I asked if I could get it done for like a special occasion like x-mas, or my birthday. She agreed probably thinking I would forget by then or not want it anymore by then; but I didn't!(: So now I have my piercing,I had to wait a few months but it was better then waiting 2yrs

Aug 23, 2009, 09:20 AM

Ok first of all, people are thinking I have the tattoo... I don't! And as for my job my boss only has me working one day a flippin week, and the season is over in like a couple of weeks. So I don't think my boss cares, cause if you could see some of the other people that work there, a lip ring isn't that bad.
    rsb8 Posts: 17, Reputation: 2

Aug 23, 2009, 09:40 AM
    Well maybe you could bribe her by telling her the good things and that nothing will harm you if you get one. So that is what I think you could do to bribe her.

Aug 23, 2009, 10:37 AM

Well, she's cool with it... if my dad is! So I keep telling him I have the money for it, but he always tells me "look what happened when you got your nose pierced"... or " i dont want you putting any holes in your head!"
    HelpinHere Posts: 1,062, Reputation: 144
    Ultra Member

Aug 23, 2009, 02:36 PM

Hmm... so, what did happen when you got your nose pierced?

Just so you know, any diseases are worse with the lip, it hurts more, takes longer to heal, is uglier (in my opinion) and is accepted by less professionals than a nose ring.

Aug 23, 2009, 06:23 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by HelpinHere View Post
    Hmm... so, what did happen when you got your nose pierced?

Just so you know, any diseases are worse with the lip, it hurts more, takes longer to heal, is uglier (in my opinion) and is accepted by less professionals than a nose ring.
    I don't really know how to put it... when I got it pierced it was fine, and when the time was up so I could change it I changed it, then a couple days later I got a red bump behind the nose stud,the bump got bigger and bigger... I don't know if I basically ripped the hole bigger or what, but I had to end up taking it out because of that... we just don't know if it got infected or not.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search