Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mistysmomma Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 17, 2009, 04:26 PM
    Civil lawsuit
    I am recently unemployed and am being sued by a credit card company for non payment. What is the worst thing they can do to me. I co-own a house and have a car and not much else. I am nervous. Any advice?:confused:
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Aug 17, 2009, 04:31 PM

Hello m:

You're not in for a good time... You'll be sued. They'll add legal fees and costs probably DOUBLING what you owe now... Then they tromp through your bank accounts taking what they wish, and when you find a job, they'll garnish your wages...

Therefore, I'd borrow the money and make a deal with them... With CASH in your hand, you can probably settle for HALF what you owe now.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Civil lawsuit [ 4 Answers ]

What is a civil lawsuit vs. other type of suit

Civil Lawsuit-Legal Matter [ 4 Answers ]

I was taken off social security disability because I made above the monthly threshold. I am disputing the amount I owe. Social Security "will not" let me appeal. I was told I am general labor and have no rights. I disagree. Can I file a civil suit for harassment and discrimination? I have...

Civil Lawsuit [ 1 Answers ]

I just found out yesterday that my ex landlord (I'm in Union county NJ) had issued a bank levy against my checking acct. I wasn't served a summons, in fact the two addresses she sent the summons was my prior address and a family friend. Suffice to say I never received anything and a default...

How to file a civil lawsuit against a webhost? [ 3 Answers ]

My website regularly goes down. So I signed up for an internet monitoring service. My site has been down every day sometimes 2 and 3 times a day for the whole time I've been on their service. My repeated attempts to get the issue resolved has wound me up working with their inept tech support for...

View more questions Search