Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    DwannTurner Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 17, 2009, 03:39 PM
    Are there grants that can get you out of debt?
    I am burdened with school loans and they are now in Default because I do not have a job to pay on them. I'm a single mother who wants to do a career change and go back to school but this debt is holding me back. Help me Pretty Please
    GOD BLESS
    THANK YOU
    stevetcg Posts: 3,693, Reputation: 353
    Ultra Member

Aug 18, 2009, 05:29 AM

Contact the loan holder and ask if there is a default redemption program.

But to answer your question, no, not really.
    jojodril Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 10, 2009, 09:50 PM

I am looking for any type of grant available for someone that has rental property. Do to the economy I have fallen behind on my mortagae note for my business. Due to some health issues I'm unable to work a full time job. I can't afford to lose my business. Thank so much for your help.
    Take Care
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Sep 10, 2009, 11:35 PM
    Hi, DwannTurner, stevetcg and jojodril!

Around where I live, there are grants that are available to help people pay for basic necessities like, rent, mortgages, utilities and medical expences.

When a person gets involved in the grant programs for those kinds of things, it will be more likely to free up some money for the individual to be able to negotiate and pay some on other things for which there aren't any grant monies avialable.

I've been getting help from a community action agency. I would suggest seeing if there might be that type of agency around where you live, if you're needing help.

Thanks!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is there any free small business grants or grants for felons [ 3 Answers ]

I'm an ex-felon trying to get on with my life and become a possitive person for myself and my children and for the comity that I live in is there any kind of grants I can get to open up a business I would only need about 10,000 to have everything up and going

Credit Card Debt? Consolidate using debt consolidation agency? Good or Bad? [ 11 Answers ]

Does it reflect negatively on my credit report if I consolidate credit card debt using a debt consolidation agency? I can make my credit card payments, but only the minimums. The APR's are mid to high teens -- I feel like a hamster on a wheel. Is it worse to continue like I am, with credit cards...

Is credit card debt open account debt or a written agreement debt? [ 16 Answers ]

I am currently fighting a credit card debt action filed against me by Unifund. The issue is whether credit card debt is open account debt subject to 3 year SOL in the State of Washington or a written agreement debt subject to 6 years. I asked the same question on another forum and received an...

View more questions Search