Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    1967RSSS Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Sep 23, 2009, 12:15 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by dallan6959 View Post
    Easiest way!!!

if you are taking out the alarm panel and no longer require the cable to the panel, undo the red and green wire and the yellow and black (this is the white cable going to the panel) and move all the white wires over under the red screw down terminal and the blue wires over under the green screw down terminal

all the white cable is doing is taking the line into the alarm panel and sending it back on the yellow and black, this is so that the panel has priority over the phone line if it needs to dial out when the alarm is tripped

Dallan

PS i work on phones:)
    This did the trick! Thank you
    1967RSSS Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Sep 23, 2009, 12:15 PM

Thanks to all who posted to help out! Much appreciated...
    FormerNerd Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 14, 2010, 02:44 PM
    KISS, you're THE expert! I had the same problem as the original poster, and found this thread via Bing. I just tried out your suggestion
    "Connect RED to YELLOW
    and
    Connect GRN to BLACK"
    And my phone which was dead is back again! Thank you thank you thank you

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

No dial tone and house alarm affected, while DSL working okay [ 2 Answers ]

Yesterday, my landline phone suddenly has no dial tone (all the phonejacks in the house not working, and I tested them with 2 different phones), and at the same time, my home security alarm began flashing a "phone off hook" message. My DSL connection was fine the entire time. I checked and didn't...

Landline rings once then goes to fax tone [ 5 Answers ]

My landline rings only once after which it goes to fax tone. If you pick up in that ring or else you will hear the fax tone. Even the caller hears a fax tone. I DO NOT have a fax in my house or ever used this number for fax. Please help. I have tried everything. Called the ATT company people-...

Landline phone DSLyes but no audio dial tone [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, All of a sudden (high wind weather went through the other night). Coincidence maybe. Now singlr line phone system has DSL that still works but audio / dial tone do not work. Unplugged all phones and plugged back in one at atime and still no dial tone. Opened box on out side and...

Dial tone O.K. In shop no good at home [ 2 Answers ]

By accident I recently cut some what I thought was old unused wire in our home. Unfortunately it was telephone line! We have other jacks on different circuits so I plugged in the affected cordless telephone-there was power but no dial tone. I took the whole phone assembly to our local...

No dial tone [ 2 Answers ]

Over a couple of days my phone service deteriorated until there was nothing. Then, after a day, the ADSL came back (that's how I'm doing this) but not the dial tone. I unplugged all the phones and put them back one by one, but still nothing. Any suggesitons? Verizon is going to charge me...

View more questions Search