Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    I wish Posts: 5,296, Reputation: 2030
    Family & People Expert

Sep 2, 2009, 09:23 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludichris View Post
    How would you suggest handling the wedding situation? I am IN the wedding and I will not allow her to control my life that much to back out of it. But in regards to the cake, simply call her and tell her I don't think it's a good idea that we go get the cake together? Tell her that I need time to heal and that we shouldn't contact each other??
    You don't even have to explain yourself. Just tell her that you're not available to pick up the cake with her.

One of the rules of no contact is to only communicate when it's absolultely necessary. You've had a lot of unnecessary communications with her that is hindering your progress in the healing process.

Check out these two stickies, they should help:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/relati...qs-332732.html
    https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/relati...es-351302.html
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Sep 3, 2009, 12:08 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludichris View Post
    How would you suggest handling the wedding situation? I am IN the wedding and I will not allow her to control my life that much to back out of it. But in regards to the cake, simply call her and tell her I don't think it's a good idea that we go get the cake together? Tell her that I need time to heal and that we shouldn't contact each other??
    Exactly that.
    She needs to understand that you are finding it hard to move on when she is still messaging you.
    Those messages are basically a constant reminder of her. Even if you only get a message once a week, that one extra week of healing you will have to do.

You don't have to be blunt, just basically tell her that at the moment you need your space and that after the wedding it would be better if you do not talk to each other for a while.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why do men say "I can't say I love you" or "I can't show you I do care"? [ 7 Answers ]

I am seeing a guy who is 39 and I am 30. He has been in and out of many relationships- even married but didn't love her and divorced. We have been together for 7 months and I do care greatly about him and even almost slipped out "i love you', when I asked him how he would have felt if I said it, he...

The difference between "sex" and "love making" [ 13 Answers ]

Ok I have been answering questions on this site for just over a week now and I might add enjoyed it, but I am now interested in peoples views on the following. What is the difference between Sex and Love making? For many years I have had what I call Sex with my husband , sometimes good and...

Tiny dark larvae. Crawling on single thread of "web". [ 1 Answers ]

Okay, today I found around a hundred of these little guys on the underside of my cupboard above my sink. At first I saw them on what looked like a piece of light gray mold, but wasn't mold, about an inch long and about 1/16th of a inch wide. I would take a picture and post it, but I don't have a...

View more questions Search