Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    BIG-AL2000 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 24, 2006, 09:50 AM
    Fly Fishing For Trout
    Just wondering if anyone can tell me a good fly to use for catching rainbow trout.
    I would also be interested in hearing any tips you might have.
    Cheers
    clouded Posts: 31, Reputation: 3
    -

Dec 22, 2006, 07:46 PM
    It depends on the time of the year and your location. The best thing to do would be to ask th local bait shop what their bitin on.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Dec 22, 2006, 08:31 PM
    I really can't answer any better. It all depended on my location. I have fished in Alaska, Montana, Tennessee, Michigan, and Arkansas different seasons and different flies.
    RichardBondMan Posts: 832, Reputation: 66

Dec 22, 2006, 09:04 PM
    Boy I should not be answering this, last time I went was 30 yrs ago in the mountains of NC, caught one about 4 in long in 2 days of hard fishing, pitched a tent, but forget the metal inserts to hold the tent up, used fishing line, which broke when a violet midnight wind/rainstorm came through and knocked down my tent. Didn't want to back and tell my friends / coworkers about my lack of skill, therefore stopped at a lake that advertised "catch as much as you like for $ XXX per pound, strung them up on a stringer, and took some good photos of me holding all the fish - showed my friends what a good angler I was.! This is a true story.
    fishing5 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 12, 2007, 12:56 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by BIG-AL2000
    Just wondering if anyone can tell me a good fly to use for catching rainbow trout.
    I would also be interested in hearing any tips you might have.
    Cheers
    Small to medium size stone fly black and brown work well for me but trout can be very picky and sometimes won't hit anything. Good luck. Jim

P.S.so having a variety can help

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fishing spots, va [ 2 Answers ]

I live near central va, anyone do any fishing around here? Just moved up from lake norman area in nc. Looking for ponds, lakes, whatever.

Bass fishing [ 4 Answers ]

What is the best method to fish for bass?

Help With Fly:( [ 3 Answers ]

I have no idea how this started I think a fly flew in threw the window but noew like over a month later I come in and see 2 big ones flying around which I got rid of but there are all these little ones because the big ones where laying eggs or whatever I think obviously I need to get rid of the...

Fly help [ 1 Answers ]

:confused: We have a summer home and when we moved in discovered a dead animal in the chimney. The house is now infested with flies. We have bought products ourself but are still discovering flies a week later. Anyone had any experience with this gross incident? We have and keep...

Bee or fly? [ 2 Answers ]

I am having trouble identifying a certain flying insect in my backyard. It appears to be a very large bee or fly, measuring approx. 2 inches in length. It has very colorful horizontal stripes(like a bee) on it's back that are yellow/red color... it has a long body. They buzz around the yard and...

View more questions Search