Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rusaved1105 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Aug 16, 2009, 07:00 PM
    Are these 45 records worth anything?
    I have several lp's (45's), Albums that have songs from the 50's that are in perfect condition and was wondering if they are worth anything. I also have a 10th Anniversary Edition lp of Sesame Street that has the date the albumn was produced, 1978. I also have a collection of Nat King Cole in a collection series box, and all the albums I have or at least 25 years old. Thank you for your time.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Aug 16, 2009, 07:19 PM

Junk stores sell 45's for a couple dollars and
    LP's for a few dollars
    If you have a rare or collectible it may be worth a good amount.

Some groups that have a valuable album are The Beatles, The Skyliners, The Grateful Dead

You can try oldies record shops they may be willing to give you more or find collectors

Make sure of their value before you sell them
    in case

Order some free oldies record catalogs like this to check what their going rate is before you sell anything
    OLDIES.com : Direct Source for Collectables Records & Alpha Video - Oldies, Doo Wop, Jazz, Pop, Rock Music and Horror, Serials, Thrillers, Sci-Fi, Westerns Movies

Here are some record stores I know that buy oldies
    http://www.record-rama.com/

Attic Record Store Incorporated - Home

I wish I could buy them but I can't afford them
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Aug 16, 2009, 10:13 PM
    Hi, rusaved1105!

N0help4u has already given you quite a fine answer above! I would like to add a few things, though.

Sure, the records are worth something. But, how much monetarilly will greatly depend on what someone is willing to pay for them.

You mention songs from the 1950's. But, are the oldest records actually from that era, or are they remakes? Originals will be worth more. Also, do all of the 45's have sleeves on them. Records that have sleeves on them will be worth more. If the sleeves have pictures of the artists on them, they'll be worth more than those with some kind of artistic design.

What are the artists on the 45's, please? As has already been mentioned, some groups/artists will have recordings that will be more likely to be valuable, monetarilly.

If you might be wanting to sell any of them, I would be glad to show you, on this thread, or on another thread about the marketing of them, how you can market them on the Internet, for free, so that they would get the optimum exposure.

Thanks!

Aug 17, 2009, 03:05 PM

Thank you for the help. All of the albums that I have are in their original sets and jackets inside the sets. My father was very particular keeping them clean and in great shape. Is there a way I can post pictures of what I have? I don't really want to sell them, but I am in need of cash so I don't loose my house, but I don't want to sell them for a lot less than they are worth. It is a pickle lol
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Aug 17, 2009, 03:11 PM

You can post them here by hitting the Go Advanced button below and then there is a manage pictures section on the page it will take you to.

Aug 17, 2009, 05:51 PM
    These are just a few, and the dates on them are 1962, and 1966
    Attached Images

Uber Member

Aug 17, 2009, 11:35 PM
    Hi again, rusaved1105!

You would appear to have more than just older 45's and more modern LP's in your collection. Would that be correct?

Thanks!

Aug 18, 2009, 11:04 AM
    Yes, I am sorry they are 33's. I am not very knowledgeable with records I'm afraid. I have a couple collections, from the WWII era, with the origianal singers in a collection, Jimmy Doresy, Jimmy Dirante, Andrew Sisters, Mills Brothers, etc, and a few Big Band Albums as well. Thank you so much for your help. I so apprecitate it.

Yes, I am sorry they are 33's. I am not very knowledgeable with records I'm afraid. I have a couple collections, from the WWII era, with the origianal singers in a collection, Jimmy Doresy, Jimmy Dirante, Andrew Sisters, Mills Brothers, etc, and a few Big Band Albums as well. Thank you so much for your help. I so apprecitate it.

Uber Member

Aug 18, 2009, 02:20 PM
    I also suspect that at least some of the ones that you have from the W.W.II era are 78 R.P.M.'s. Are there some that play at that speed?

Thanks!

Aug 18, 2009, 03:29 PM

Yes there were a few, but I don't think they are in the best of shape. The other one's seem all to be 33 I think. There are two Volume's of Those Memory Years, with singers like Louis Armstron, Glenn Miller, Ethel Smith, Artie Shaw, Hoagy Carmichael, Eddie Cantor, Carmen Cavallaro, Sammy Kaye, Liberace, The Modernaires, The Ink spots. I have never heard of some of these people. The Handel's Messiah album has a book in it with old pictures, not sure what that is about, but the songs seem to be from the Bible.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How much is a 1925 penny worth with one cent and a wheat on the back worth [ 3 Answers ]

How much is a one cent with a wheat on back is worth from 1925

Foster records [ 6 Answers ]

Hi I am trying to help a friend out at the momment. She was fostered when she was younger and has no answers of why. She was fostered for 2yrs then went back to her biological mother. How could we get hold of her records to find out why she was put there. Thank you.

Crminal records [ 4 Answers ]

Where would I go to get free crminal records?:confused:

Self-worth - what do you do to take care of your self-worth? [ 21 Answers ]

I think we are all so great to take care of others, however how can we learn to take care of ourselves more? What things can one do to take care of their own self-worth, self-respect, etc.

Is it possible for me to get the records [ 3 Answers ]

Two years ago someone called 911 because of the door being ajar. The question is do police keep this records and if so can you tell me how to get it. Or can the lawyer get the report?

View more questions Search