Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dessaml Posts: 210, Reputation: 9

Aug 16, 2009, 03:26 PM
    Has anyone tried Solage Solution? (Mequinol/Tretinoin)
    It seems promising, it suppose to be less harsh than Benoquin?

A combination of Mequinol 2% (depigmentation agent) and Tretinoin 0.01% (topical retinoid)
    clueless2008 Posts: 135, Reputation: 18

Aug 16, 2009, 05:11 PM

I haven't but I have heard that it works really well. It is just hard to get in the U.S. and you have to have a prescription. I think it is mainly used for age spots.
    Golden_Girl Posts: 1,930, Reputation: 60
    Ultra Member

Aug 16, 2009, 06:01 PM
    I know little about Mequinol. I know that Tretinoine (vitamin A) works really well with the process of lightening by allowing the lightener to penetrate deeper.

Edit: Well, I tried reading as much as I can so far on Mequinol and it appears that it can lighten quite well and maybe less harsh than mono. But, I'm trying to see if it lightens evenly and what are the potential side effects.
    Ultra Member

Aug 16, 2009, 06:03 PM
    Mequinol "is the monomethyl ether of hydroquinone, and an isomer of guaiacol...Methoxyphenol is a depigmentation agent, like benzyloxyphenol (monobenzone), it is the active ingredient in some depigmenting creams and ointments. A formulation of 20% 4-methoxyphenol ointment causes depigmentation in animal tissue."
    Mequinol - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

So I wonder will it give you white spots like mono, or will it lighten evenly?
    Ultra Member

Aug 18, 2009, 10:56 PM
    Cool. I'm so curious about Mequinol and how well it lightens.
    fairr Posts: 285, Reputation: 6

Aug 18, 2009, 11:59 PM

Ah mepk5, tell us what your dr says!
    imgorgeous Posts: 385, Reputation: 14

Aug 19, 2009, 02:43 AM

Mequionol - I remember a guy named Guydesi on depig forum about two or three years ago said he used monobenzone first and got disfigured.

He then switched to Mequinol and used it for two continuous years with no lightening.. where it made his disfigurement better because it reddened the white parts of the skin so much it blended with the rest of the skin..

He then said it darkened him to a point where he lukd horrific and was really upset but still continued using it... he then mentioned how suddenly after two years he became caucausian white from asian indian brown...

He had a pic on the avatar and he lukd hot... but thas alll I got to know about mequinol ever since...

I never saw him on a lightening forum ever again.. and he did claim to have posted pics much befrore I started frequenting that site... and that he had been violated by people misusing his pics and hence removed them off and stopped showing people...
    Ultra Member

Aug 19, 2009, 12:12 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by imgorgeous View Post
    Mequionol - I remember a guy named Guydesi on depig forum about two or three years ago said he used monobenzone first and got disfigured.

He then switched to Mequinol and used it for two continuous years with no lightening .. where it made his disfigurement better because it reddened the white parts of hte skin so much it blended with the rest of the skin ..

he then said it darkened him to a point where he lukd horrific and was really upset but still continued using it ... he then mentioned how suddenly after two years he became caucausian white from asian indian brown ....

he had a pic on the avatar and he lukd hot..... but thas alll i got to know about mequinol ever since ...

I never saw him on a lightening forum ever again .. and he did claim to have posted pics much befrore i started frequenting that site... and that he had been violated by people misusing his pics and hence removed them off and stopped showing people....
    So the mequinol helped his skin to heal and blend better
    Then made the skin darker, was it due to removing dead skin cells to reveal new skin underneath?
    And lastly, lightened his skin and made it look natural, was he using the tretinoine also? How did the other people violate his photos?

Aug 19, 2009, 12:36 PM

Well... he mentioned that when he started using Mequinol, he thought it would work fast like monobenzone.. but it did not...

And he continued using it for two whole years to NO AVAIL...

And it reddened his white patches like hell.. they evened out to the other parts of his coloured skin.. and then he turned really dark for a while.. in fact almost two years he was dark he said.

And then he suddenly one day became white..

I mean even if it is true,, I don't think I have the patience to be so dark for TWO YEARS and then suddenly become light... those two years will feel like..

People violated his fotos by posting them someplace I think.. I don't recollect him speaking about tretinoin though.. I wish I did... But I really can't remember the tretinoin part of it..

Aug 19, 2009, 01:16 PM

Wow,
    That's the wierdest story I've ever heard with depigging products! :s

Aug 19, 2009, 01:22 PM

fairr... it may sound weird... but I cannot authenticate what he said...

He did use mequinol and said it did not work for years.. and then suddenly it worked for him...

All I remmeber is that he looked so good in his avatar pic... but I didn't have the patience to try it out.. I can't afford to look super dark for years before I get lighter

Aug 19, 2009, 01:29 PM

Yeah that's such a downer
    But he looked WHITE after?

Aug 19, 2009, 01:39 PM

OH yeas.. when I saw his avatar pic.. he lukd european sort of...

I still remember his pic where he was drinking something with a straw... he lukd really sexy then...

But then again I never got to see his before pics... you know !

So can't really judge.. but he swore he was indian...

That's funny because in india we have PALE WHITE people also.. India is full of every colour... its just weird.. unlike China or Pakistan where most are around the same colour or even Europeans...

But answering your question.. YES he did look WHITE and he looked BEAUTIFUL in that pic... Immediate attraction :)

Aug 19, 2009, 01:44 PM

Wow are you in india then?
    What's your lightening regime and how's it going?

Aug 19, 2009, 01:50 PM

Nopes am in the united kingdom south yorkshire!

Lightening regime not helping me at all ! Lol

Used benzyl for around a year and a half and IT DID NOT WORK.. and used mono for about a year from different companies and it hasn't worked either..

Aug 19, 2009, 01:52 PM

Oh so no lightening at all for you?

Aug 19, 2009, 01:57 PM

Honestly speaking NO... nothing that anyone has personally noticed.. nor have I...

Aug 19, 2009, 01:59 PM
    People who see my pre and post pics says there is a change... but then again I think its all about the lighting..

Because I know my skin.. and my body skin is darker than it used to be when I was 16 . Earlier I was yellow toned.. now my stomach area is brown... chest area is still yellow but slightly tanner than years ago..

Face is definitely darker than when I was a teen... and my neck has always been startlingly black compared to the rest of my body for some reason.. I can't explain it... it always has been that way... no change to that either..

Aug 19, 2009, 02:03 PM

Oh sorry man!

Aug 19, 2009, 02:15 PM

OH that's all right..

I still am light enough.. actually Im still a lot lighter than many indians in the uk... I keep getting asked if I'm arabic or pakistani all the time.. some even ask me if I'm jamaican mixed with caucasian...

Its fine with me... I don't look down upon the Indian colour... Id love to see the look on peoples faces when I'm really light and I proudly say Im Indian !
    That will be a high @

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Tretinoin [ 3 Answers ]

Does Topical tretinoin (or Retin A) 0.1% lighten really lighten the skin? I did some research and it said that it was good for post-inflammatory hyperpigmention in people with darker skin colour. I just wanted to ask around and see what others know about it. Thanks

Monobenzone 20% + Benzylarbutin 20% + Tretinoin 0.1% True Depigmentation? [ 3 Answers ]

So I've been browsing around several skin lightening forums for a few weeks now and found from 2 people who claimed that the formula for permanent depigmentation for people with NO vitiligo is Monobenzone 20% + Benzylarbutin 20% + Tretinoin 0.1% Anyone have any experience with this? I...

Tretinoin Gel [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have got lots of fordyce spots on my penis and I have read on the internet that Tretinoin Gel or Cream can get rid of them. Is this true? If so where can I buy this cream? Also are there any other creams or lotions which would get rid of them or even reduce them?

Tell me about mequinol [ 1 Answers ]

Is Mequinol a permanent depigger like monobenzone, where it kills melanocytes or does is it just non-permanent?

View more questions Search