Ask
    Patty Eckstein Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 16, 2009, 12:16 PM
    Great way for multitasking
    How do you multitask?
    Patty Eckstein Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 16, 2009, 12:20 PM
    How do you handle priorities?
    Need advice on handling priorities on a daily basis at work.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Aug 16, 2009, 12:24 PM

You have to be able to do more than one thing at a time and have the coordination and the ability juggle everything and be alert and on top of it all.

Basically get a pattern and a method to do more than one thing at a time
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Aug 16, 2009, 12:34 PM

First make a list of everything and put it in order of first priority on down. Then you can check off the list as you go down.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Aug 16, 2009, 12:39 PM

Multitasking is doing multiple things sport of simultaneously. What has that got to do with job interviews?
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Aug 16, 2009, 11:15 PM
    Hi, Patty Eckstein!

If I'm doing a job that requires me to multi-task and involves being responsible to a number of people who make requests of me to do things that need to be solved in a short amount of time, and/or where I need to be leading people on an individual and/or group basis where there is only an alloted time in which to get things done, then I'll do what needs to be done in a short amount or allocated amount of time first. As I'm doing those things, then I'll be working in short spurts on the things where I have more time in which to get the longer-range of alloted time tasks completed.

When a person works with and/or leading a number of people, explaining how you might multi-task could very possibly be a question that will come up in an interview.

Some examples of jobs where being able to multi-task might be essential to performing in the best way possible to make the employee indispensable at performing the job would be, school teachers, librarians, employers who have multiple employees, secretaries - where people are constantly coming into the office with agendas, requests and demands, people who work in various positions in restaurants, leaders of groups of people in musical groups of various kinds, people who have jobs where they might need to handle multiple incoming phone calls, etc.

Thanks!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I've heard of multitasking but this is insane, isn't it? [ 1 Answers ]

I am a single-mom od three kids and giffted in many things. I've had a 15 year restaurant career, I(and my son) love to play the game of pool, and lastly, I am currently in school studying my other passion, social work. So my question is how can I combine these or should I combine them? What's...

Great face? Or great body [ 15 Answers ]

Which do you prefer... a woman who is pretty in the face... doesn't have a horrible body but is about 10 pounds too heavy.. ok 15. OR a bod that won't quit and a face that is average at best( and I am being KIND.) I am asking for a friend... ;) The personality is dazzling for both women. ( OK I...

Great R&B Song, Great Lyrics - Who's the Artist and what's the Title? Thanks [ 1 Answers ]

Singers: Male and Female duet. Female:- The sunlight smiles faithful every day for you. No one comes close to the joy you bring to me; whisper's like the summer's breeze. To put my mind at ease. When I look into your eye's I invision you and me on LOVE'S JOURNEY. So I wrote this melody because...

Multitasking is slow [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I have recently rebooted my PC with xp OS. I have installed kaspersky anti virus program. But, the problem is my system is getting slow while I try to open other applications when already one is running. I am experiencing a this problem when song are played and other applications a re opened...

Great music. Great story, too [ 1 Answers ]

I like the music tremendously! And the pictures tell the fantastic story well. We Didn't Start The Fire Make certain your speakers are turned up.

View more questions Search