Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    SighTbfh Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 16, 2009, 12:00 PM
    16, Depressed, do I do?
    First of all, Don't tell me I'm a loser for having a long distant relationship, I don't care, Don't judge me. But here goes, Basically I was with my girlfriend who I met on habbo a while back, We were so god damn close like you wouldn't believe, Now call me a cheater yeah I was flirting with her quite a lot while I was with this other girl. Right just to make things unconfusing il call these girls different names just in case they see what I write, Basically, Janine, Is the person who I was with while I was flirting with the Girl Hannah. Hannah is a girl I've been with for weeks now, We broke up 2 weeks ago because we found it a struggle cause of the distance, we meet roughly a month or less ago, And things were really bright between us, Like, I hadn't been happier in my entire god damn life, I know, Sad right, Haven't been happier in my life then meeting a girl who lives all the way in wales. Anyway, I don't go out much, At all, Ever since I've left school I've distanced myself from my peers because I've been adicted to a website called habbo, Where whom I consider to be my close friends there. Anyway, Me and this girl Hannah, Was Closer than ever, We even sent long texts to each other about how much we meant to each other, though we had the odd argument, One time I rang her up, [This is where I up] I tell her that we should be friends cause I'm ruining her life with these arguments, I regret the call 5 minutes later and said I didn't mean that, then she begins considering, eventually we're fine, she goes away for a week, we barly spoke, she came back, a few days later we broke up, we cried over the fone to each other cause its not what we wanted, this sadness, After that we were really close, Like never before, we were a lot closer than we were when we barely spoke [Before the break up cause of the arguments] And we always rang each other, Then two days ago, I was feeling , I felt like I was being lead on cause we were constantly flirting and what would happen when she suddenly gets a new boyfriend? How would I feel, so anyway, I couldn't tell her, and she wasn't talking much to me, the next day, we spoke, I hardly said a thing, and a large argument esculated, and later that day, an even bigger one, we said what's the ing point, this ing sucks, I hate this drama and all the arguments, etc, it was a lot more to it, so today, I told her how sorry I was [advice from a friend] and it turned out she didn't know what to say, and that led to another argument, so I rang her, she didn't know who it was cause I was withheld, she was all happy and bright with a lovley HELLO, then she recognized my voice and her words were "oh..hi" And we said we would start fresh tomorrow, so yeah, the person I was the ing closest with, who I literally haven't loved this much, who I just would die for, And I've just wrecked our friendship, and relationship, So I feel so god damn crap right now, and if you say there's more fish in the sea, that makes me feel so much worse. Here's number two, a few days ago we get a call from the hospital, my sister tried to kill herself and almost succeeded, Yep she swallowed all kinds of down her, and yep I'm just calm about it, dad came home yesterday after meeting my mother, who left us 2 months ago by the way, my dad isn't happy, he was drunk, and was calling me all kinds of , and a few things got smashed about [by me] today he apologized though so I dc about the latter. That's about it, Don't tell me the things I don't want to hear cause I won't look at them, I just want some good news.

Something that will get me back on my feet. Make me happy again, Make me try and patch things up with the girl
    HelpinHere Posts: 1,062, Reputation: 144
    Ultra Member

Aug 16, 2009, 01:28 PM

Sorry, never going to happen.

If you are young enough to be posting in the teens forum, then you are too young to make a long distance relationship work.

I don't know what your problem is, but I do know that your life is a lot better than you think it is.

Yeah, I know, "you haven't been through blah blah blah" and "you don't know me, I blah blah blah", it doesn't matter.

I will tell you what I do know.
    You have parents who love you. (Don't even start, they do love you, just ask them if you don't believe me.)
    You have electricity. Congratulations, you are officially better off than a lot of the world.
    You have internet access. Add to that another a lot more people.
    You are a kid, who is allowed to go on sites like Habbo.
    You are also allowed to come on here to AMHD and ask for help.
    So, because of these, you have freedoms. Obviously, you are educated. You seem to know the English language better than most teens who post here.
    Congratulations, you have a better life than about 60% of the world. Not by anything you have said, but just the fact that you can come on here and post. Plenty of people would give anything they have to trade places with you, don't be so quick to think you have it so bad.

Your problem is you don't believe in yourself. For whatever reason, maybe you don't like your looks, maybe your voice is too high, maybe your old girlfriend broke your heart. I don't know.
    I do know that you spend all your time on the computer. You don't have real friends, you have online friends. For all you know, most of them are 35 year old guys who live in their parents' basement. Do you want to end up like that?

Instead of living life, your Habbo character is. Wouldn't you rather have as many friends as your character does?

Get out there, forget about this girl. Obviously, she is not good for you. If she was, you wouldn't be hurting so much. Make some real friends, have some real fun, and get off your computer, your Habbo game, and get a real life.

Right now, you are trying to be the character in the game. Be yourself, it's much more satisfying. :)
    little_n_lost Posts: 20, Reputation: 4

Sep 7, 2009, 05:01 PM

Ok Helpinhere is really getting on my nerves about saying people on teen can't be in love or handle relationships. Yes teens CAN love!
    Im sorry to hear about your relationship trouble, OK you don't want to hear the whole "plenty more fish in the sea" thing but it is honestly true. I know losing someone you really care about is so hard that you feel like there's nothing left for you because you feel the strongest feelings you've had for any one is gone. But you can't give up the fight of life over one person. Just let things cool down between you two for a little while and then talk things over calmly.
    Sorry to hear about your sister too, I did the same thing and didn't think of the consequences but I have pulled through and hopefully so will your sister. Try your best to stand by your dad and your mum if possible. It's going to be a really tough time for all of you. Take care and try to stay possitive.
    Ultra Member

Sep 9, 2009, 06:57 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by little_n_lost View Post
    Ok Helpinhere is really getting on my nerves about saying people on teen can't be in love or handle relationships. Yes teens CAN love!
    I never said teens can't love. I said teens can't be "in love". Completely different.

Why does my opinion bother you so much? My guess is you are a teen who thinks they are "in love"? I don't think that happens. I've "been there, done that" too many times to remember. I know from experience (and so do most of the 'older' users here) that it is almost always the case.
    I don't speak from emotion, because I still feel that "teens" can love and want to be in love, but I speak from knowledge and experience.

I am curious, though. Where, at all, in this thread, did I ever even mention "in love"?

Sep 9, 2009, 02:30 PM
    [QUOTE=HelpinHere;1927437]If you are young enough to be posting in the teens forum, then you are too young QUOTE]

That is what I meant and well I am a teen but not sort of. I'm 18 and have been in love since I was 15 have been in the same relationship throughout no breaks or anything and it annoys me in general when anyone says that in all honesty. Just because you've been there and been confused about your feelings at the time doesn't mean that all teens do. Just beacause a lot of people don't have a loving relationship anymore doesn't mean everyone is like that. From your experiences you shouldn't tar everyone with the same brush
    Ultra Member

Sep 9, 2009, 08:42 PM

Wow... taking my words out of context...

Anyway, I stand by what I say. You are eighteen. Believe it or not, you are still young, and may yet change. I have said that 99.9% of teen relationships don't work. Take 1000 of them, and that leaves one that does work. Maybe you are that lucky .1%, I don't know, but apparently you have it figured out.

I don't want to argue with you. I meant what I said (on this thread... lol) and don't take anything back. You're entitled to your opinion, and I mine, let's leave it at that.
    sweet1028 Posts: 146, Reputation: 43

Sep 9, 2009, 11:31 PM

I have to agree with HelpinHere, teens can love but the way I read what Help said is that teens are not emotionally capable of having a long distance relationship. If they already have horrible arguments and they haven't even seen each other then what will happen when they do.
    I'm not older and wiser about relationships, being I am only nineteen years old. At sixteen it would've been hard for me to be in a long distance relationship, I would probably have wondered if I could trust them or if they were really who they said they were on the internet or phone.
    As for a lasting relationship as a teen, it can and does happen. I have been with my soon to be husband since I was fourteen years old and we are now planning our wedding. It does happen but not all couples do.

Sep 10, 2009, 02:55 PM

Well obviously some people seem to have matured more than you guys did at 16 obviously myself included in that because I think it takes an overly mature person to make a relationship work at a young stage in life. I know I'm young and have a long way to go and things were rushed in my relationship from the start as all young relationships can be but yanno we've stuck through thick and thin as relationships should and have had arguments as everybody ould whether it would have been a long distance relationship or not. I don't know mybe it's because we've had it tough it's brought us closer etc etc but yeah you have your say I've had mine it just does do my head in when the majority still paint the minority with the same brush which isn't fair. I can't say this persons relationship will last like mine as at the end of the day I don't know their felings like they do themselves and at the end of the day it's their call. Just wish you the best

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My mom is depressed and she's making me depressed what do I do! [ 6 Answers ]

Hello I am 14 years old and my mom is depressed and is making me depressed I started working with her and she freaked out at me because I didn't sweep properly, she brought me home and just left. How do I help her and help myself! I'm starting to think of suicide but I can't just leave...

Depressed ! [ 6 Answers ]

I feel depressed. To make a long story short I have been having issues with my husband to the point where he has decided to move out. I don't feel like doing much, don't even feel the need to eat or sleep. I want to visit a doctor, but at this time I am going to huge financial difficulties...

15 and depressed [ 1 Answers ]

I am 15 years old and I am from Asia. My mother is 5'5 and dad is 5'6 and a half. I am barely 5'4 and have been so for the last couple of months. I had my period 4 years ago and have grown about 2 inches since then. What is is that I can do to increase my height? I wanted to be a model so I have to...

I think my cat is depressed. [ 1 Answers ]

Hey, I am wondering if you could give me some advice about my cat... She is a domestic long haired. She is about 10 years old, and overweight. I am trying to get her interested in something that will get her to be more active than she is. She weighs about 17lbs, which is not healthy for her. But I...

Depressed Dog [ 4 Answers ]

I've had my puppy ever since she was 4 months old. Now she is almost about to turn 7 months. Before she used to be happy and playful and was always energetic, but now All she does is sit around or sleep and she always sighs. She still does eat and play Sometimes but she seems really upset and...

View more questions Search