Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Aug 16, 2009, 09:34 AM
    President Sarah Palin
    Hello:

I predict that if health care goes down, which I define as not having a public option, Sarah Palin will be elected in 2012. You?

excon
    s_cianci Posts: 5,472, Reputation: 760
    Uber Member

Aug 16, 2009, 09:40 AM
    Probably.
    450donn Posts: 1,821, Reputation: 239
    Ultra Member

Aug 16, 2009, 10:32 AM

Only if she decides to run for office. No matter, she could not do worse that the current dufis in chief has done in 7 months of spend,spend,spend.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Aug 16, 2009, 02:55 PM
    So you would swap the mouth from Chi for the moose from the north ?
    HollySat Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

Aug 16, 2009, 03:03 PM

I hope that she doesn't get to be President, I think that most voters will see her as she is and, that is not as the person who should be in charge of the most powerful nation on the earth!
    Catsmine Posts: 3,826, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert

Aug 16, 2009, 05:23 PM
    I believe it was Will Rogers that said, "politicians are a lot like diapers; both need to be changed frequently, and for pretty much the same reason."
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Aug 17, 2009, 06:53 AM

According to the news the public option is dead and Obama is OK with that so we'll see if your prediction comes true. I don't see it myself, she's been demonized too effectively to get that far.
    smearcase Posts: 2,392, Reputation: 316
    Ultra Member

Aug 17, 2009, 07:44 AM

This is a wimpy administration. They should name a tank after him. We have the Abrhams tank and now the Obama tank. The Obama tank has a 5 speed transmission, consisting of 4 reverse gears and one forward gear. The forward gear is needed only in case of an attack from the rear.
    He gives up when he has all the advantages. Better hope that no real battles need to be fought. He would desert the troops just like he has done to the legislators that have been out fighting for his plan over the last two weeks. I hope those guys (and gals) pull their support from all of his plans now. Obama should schedule a stopover at Waterloo before he comes back to DC. That's where he will be residing.
    ETWolverine Posts: 934, Reputation: 275

Aug 17, 2009, 07:51 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by smearcase View Post
    This is a wimpy administration. They should name a tank after him. We have the Abrhams tank and now the Obama tank. The Obama tank has a 5 speed transmission, consisting of 4 reverse gears and one forward gear. The forward gear is needed only in case of an attack from the rear.
    He gives up when he has all the advantages. Better hope that no real battles need to be fought. He would desert the troops just like he has done to the legislators that have been out fighting for his plan over the last two weeks. I hope those guys (and gals) pull their support from all of his plans now. Obama should schedule a stopover at Waterloo before he comes back to DC. That's where he will be residing.
    Hey!! There's no reason to insult the M1 Abrams by putting it in the same post in which you mention Obama. The Abrams is a tough, hard-hitting, venerable fighting machine that has served its country well. It has had it's problems, but has served its drivers and crews well despite its shortcomings. In other words, it is the exact opposite of the Obama admin.
    Uber Member

Aug 17, 2009, 07:56 AM

Hello S:

I think you've got it! The righty's are looking for name as good as dufus in chief. I recommend The Obawimp...

There's no question that he's getting beaten up. I think he's a victim of his own strategy. Instead of a bill that's HIS, in his bipartisan and wimpy manner, he let congress take the lead...

Congress take the lead?? What was HE smokin?? The lead has clearly been taken by the right. Sarah Palin, with ONE face book entry, caused the Obawimp to remove his "death panel".

I can't believe, however, that Rahm Emanuel, who is a pit bull, is done.

excon
    tomder55 Posts: 1,742, Reputation: 346
    Ultra Member

Aug 17, 2009, 08:23 AM

Which begs the question... why should she run for office when she gets such great results working from the sidelines ?
    Uber Member

Aug 17, 2009, 08:38 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    Which begs the question .....why should she run for office when she gets such great results working from the sidelines ?
    Hello tom:

Let me see. Between sitting in Alaska twittering, or being in Washington running the most powerful country in the world, I think she'll pick the power. Don't you?

excon

Aug 17, 2009, 08:38 AM

I disagree with that prediction, excon.

Not because I don't think she can be President. She may very well become President.

I just think that there are MANY more factors involved in whether she becomes President than whether the health care bill fails or not. The results in 2010 will factore hugely into what happens to her. So will her own strategies.

She can afford to wait till 2016 to make a big run, and use that time to gain the experience that she was slammed in the press for not having. (Despite the fact that Obama actually was less experienced than she is.) Her long-term strategy will be a factor in what happens.

How badly Obama screws up in other areas will also be a big factor. If he begins to alienate the press, as he has in small ways over the past few weeks, he will have made a MAJOR screwup. If he continues to spend like a drunken Democrat who's done a hit of mesculin, he will have screwed up. Obama's actions over the next several years will be a huge factor in what Palin does and how successful she can be.

What opposition pops up against her from within the Republican party will also play a huge part. If Romney runs again, I think he's got a better shot than she does... in many ways, Romney is seen as the anti-Obama: He's got executive experience, more political experience than Obama, is conservative in MOST areas, etc. He's all the things that Obama is not. He's also taken seriously by serious politicians and by the media, where Palin is still not. So if Mitt runs, I think it'll put the kybosh on Palin's chances.

Now... a Romney/Palin ticket... that would be something to see.

Elliot
    Ultra Member

Aug 17, 2009, 08:51 AM

Steve ;be careful co-ops are a trojan horse . Schmuck Shumer has been a proponent of them for some time and has been hawking them in the Senate version of the plan. They are to a large extent according to plan either run outright by the government ;subsidized and heavily regulated by the government with plans the government dictates. They are not run by the co-op members ;only partly funded by them ;and the members would not decide which plans they purchase.

Fannie Med: The Senate's Health Care Plan - WSJ.com

On the “public option,” Mr. Schumer said, “if you call it a co-op but it meets certain criteria — it’s available on Day 1, it’s available to everybody, it has the strength to go up against the big insurance companies and the big suppliers to bring down prices — fine.
    http://www.nytimes.com/2009/08/10/us...ucus.html?_r=2

So if it is a public plan and you call it a co-op instead ,that's OK with Schmucky .If you don't read the fine print then you can be lulled into thinking this is compromise... it is still a pig with a slightly different shade of lipstick.
    Uber Member

Aug 17, 2009, 09:01 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ETWolverine View Post
    I disagree with that prediction, excon.

What opposition pops up against her from within the Republican party will also play a huge part. If Romney runs again, I think he's got a better shot than she does... in many ways, Romney is seen as the anti-Obama
    Hello again, El:

You're wrong, of course. Here's why. You make the mistaken assumption that there IS a middle in the Republican party to support a Romney. There ain't. You threw 'em all under the bus. You guys have moved to the fringe, and she's the fringe candidate.

excon
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Aug 17, 2009, 09:50 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by tomder55 View Post
    Steve ;be careful co-ops are a trojan horse .
    Good catch tom, I was under-caffeinated when I posted that. I had actually posted Schmucky's comment myself elsewhere.
    XOXOlove Posts: 830, Reputation: 131

Aug 17, 2009, 09:59 AM

She couldn't handle being a governor but she'll probably be elected president!

Aug 17, 2009, 10:10 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon View Post
    Hello again, El:

You're wrong, of course. Here's why. You make the mistaken assumption that there IS a middle in the Republican party to support a Romney. There ain't. You threw 'em all under the bus. You guys have moved to the fringe, and she's the fringe candidate.

excon
    Excon, you again misunderstand the situation.

Something like 68% of American identify themselves as Conservatives. The VAST MAJORITY of them are independents, not Republicans. Which means that the vast majority of the country is right-center. Which is Romney's main support group... as even YOU would have to admit.

Not to mention the fact that the so-called "fringe" right wingers have all pretty much stated that they would support a Romney Presidency. Sean Hannity LIKES Mitt Romney. So does Mark Levin. Rush and Romney are actually friends. All of these right wingers, and a whole slew of others, were very disappointed when Romney got thrown under the bus by a party that was trying to "triangulate to the center". Romney is to the right of McCain on almost every issue. Romney wasn't screwed by the right, he was screwed by the centrists. NOW he has the support of much of the right AND the centrists.

Bottom line: Romney has the support of the so-called "fringe" of the conservative movement and the moderates within the conservative movement. That gives him a base of 68% of the nation (self-identified conservatives) to work with, most of whom are moderates.

Even if those on the right disliked Romney--- which is a statement not supported by evidence--- if he teamed up with Palin, he'd get the right-wingers too.

Either way, Romney seems to be one of the major players for the Republican Party in 2012, and he's got very wide support from all sides of the party.

Moreover, the more Obama and the Dems move to the far left with government takeovers of every industry under the sun, power grabs for our health care, and out of control spending, the better a big swing to the RIGHT is going to look to most Americans. Politics are a pendulum: right now the pendulum is on the left. But it seems to be swinging back the other way now, if the polls are to be believed. And it will swing FAR to the opposite side before it shifts again. A RIGHT-WING candidate is going to do well in that environment, which is why PALLIN would do well. And a Romney Pallin ticket would be just the right combo to pick up the moderates who are looking for a moderate candidate and the far-right-wingers who are looking for the counterpoint to offset the far-left-wing actions of Obama.

Elliot
    Ultra Member

Aug 17, 2009, 10:21 AM

Romney got the endorsement of National Review. Doesn't get much more conservative than that.
    Uber Member

Aug 17, 2009, 10:28 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ETWolverine View Post
    Excon, you again misunderstand the situation.

Something like 68% of American identify themselves as Conservatives. Which means that the vast majority of the country is right-center.
    Hello again, El:

Wow, Dude! Either those conservative overwhelmingly voted for Democrats in the last TWO national elections, or your numbers are off...

Me?? I actually think the last TWO national elections were the best POLLS you could imagine. Consequently, I believe THEM rather than your made up numbers... Given the above, we are anything BUT, a center right country...

The country has moved left. It's clear to anyone who pays attention. The Republicans have moved right. That's clear too. It's now a fringe party. Sarah Palin is a fringe candidate.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is Palin Ready For VP or President! [ 31 Answers ]

Just a simple yes or no. Do you think she has enough knowledge, enough credentials, enough of everything and is ready for the position of VP or, if something happens, President?

Palin as President [ 21 Answers ]

Some humour for a change: PalinAsPresident.com

What Does Sarah Palin read? [ 69 Answers ]

So that hard hitting journalist Katie Couric is at it again with Palin this time she wanted to know What Does Sarah Palin read? Specifically... and Her answer well EVERYTHING ALL OF THEM!! Check out the video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9go38MgZ4w8

Sarah Palin are Alaska for Vice President! [ 235 Answers ]

BWAH HA HA HA John McCain has truly lost his mind!

Sarah Palin Brief GMA Interview [ 73 Answers ]

This morning Good Morning America show brief skits of the Sarah Palin Interview airing tonight on 20/20. This interview show me that the inexperience issue is now out the window. Sarah Palin answers were so off course, the inteviewer had to stop and restate the question 3 - 4 time regarding...

View more questions Search