Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Hanin el Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Aug 16, 2009, 09:01 AM
    Finding it hard to breathe what shall I do
    Hiii, well I don't know how to start this but these last 2 weeks I am finding very hard to breathe its like someone is sitting on my ribcage then I tend to feel dizzy and see white lights but that's just like 3 times a day I feel this and it's the worse at night it feels like I am suffocating last week I did a check up at the docters blood test and the results came out they said I am fine so I don't know why I am feeeling this:confused :confused: I hope you have an answer for me thank you:)
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Aug 16, 2009, 09:05 AM

You need to see the Doctor again. You are asking for a diagnosis of the cause of some fairly serious symptoms and you need to be seen by a Physician.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Aug 16, 2009, 09:11 AM

Check with a chiropractor that specializes in alternative medicines. They can figure out things that regular doctors are baffled by.

What age range are you?
    Do you drink caffeine and energy or sports drinks?
    Do you exercise?
    Smoke?
    Meds?

It could be a vitamin or mineral deficiency or imbalance like vitamin B, magnesium or potassium.

Find out and let us know then we will know how to help you better\

If 'n when you need to go to the ER

Aug 16, 2009, 09:32 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by N0help4u View Post
    Check with a chiropractor that specializes in alternative medicines. They can figure out things that regular doctors are baffled by.

What age range are you?
    Do you drink caffeine and energy or sports drinks?
    Do you exercise?
    Smoke?
    Meds?

It could be a vitamin or mineral deficiency or imbalance like vitamin B, magnesium or potassium.

Find out and let us know then we will know how to help you better\

If 'n when you need to go to the ER
    I am 18
    I dirnk coffee
    I exercise4 times a week
    I don't smoke
    I just take iron vitamins pills

I really need some one to help I don't wanto tel my parents because I don't want to always worry them wit mysyptoms
    Uber Member

Aug 16, 2009, 09:36 AM

Why do you take iron pills?
    Unless you are anemic or something they really aren't good for you.

It can mess up your zinc and copper levels and that may be the problem

What other symptoms have you had that has worried your parents?

Aug 16, 2009, 09:45 AM
    why do you take iron pills?
    Unless you are anemic or something they really aren't good for you.

It can mess up your zinc and copper levels and that may be the problem

what other symptoms have you had that has worried your parents?
    Well 4months ago I was told I was anemic
    The other symptoms I have been having is dizzyness bright lights in my eyes whenever I move my hair is falling out a lot my mum is worried and mostly the breathing situation but it has never exceed to this much
    widgid Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Aug 16, 2009, 09:49 AM
    Difficulty in breathing can be anything from trivial to serious.
    Sounds like you have not even seen your family doctor?
    To my mind that would be the best place to start.

If you are uninsured visiting emergency room for such a complaint is certainly not out of order and will address the important and worrying things
    Uber Member

Aug 16, 2009, 09:49 AM

Yeah they are probably all related.
    I will look some things up and see if I can help with any ideas.
    I think you need to get your vitamin and mineral levels checked though for a start.
    Uber Member

Aug 16, 2009, 09:51 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by widgid View Post
    Sounds like you have not even seen your family doctor?
    To my mind that would be the best place to start.
    OP said they have been to the doctors for a blood test and is anemic
    widgid Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Aug 16, 2009, 10:11 AM
    Actually they said - separately - that they'd been told they were anaemic, they don't say that this was on consulting for the same issue. However if the only thing that happened at the doctors was a blood test that would be - to my mind inadequate.
    Mineral and vitamin deficiencies are not the commonest cause of difficulty in breathing in an 18 year old.
    Respiratory causes top of the list - hyperventilation syndrome or asthma, very severe anaemia or heart conditions also on the (extensive differential)list.
    Uber Member

Aug 16, 2009, 10:19 AM

Yeah I hope OP comes back and clarifies.
    I don't see how somebody can tell them they are anemic without the blood test though.
    Usually people will say you are probably or you might be
    I know that vitamin and mineral deficiencies are not the commonest or main thing but she said the dr couldn't find anything wrong and I know that doctors visits are inadequate. I just think that getting a vitamin and mineral test would be good because it is a start and iron does deplete other vitamins and minerals.

I know quit a few chiropractors/alternative meds doctors that cure asthma and other problems with balancing nutrients with supplements.

Aug 16, 2009, 04:08 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by widgid View Post
    Actually they said - separately - that they'd been told they were anaemic, they don't say that this was on consulting for the same issue. However if the only thing that happened at the doctors was a blood test that would be - to my mind inadequate.
    Mineral and vitamin deficiencies are not the commonest cause of difficulty in breathing in an 18 year old.
    Respiratory causes top of the list - hyperventilation syndrome or asthma, very severe anaemia or heart conditions also on the (extensive differential)list.
    So now I am lost what do I do shall I go to the hospital or shall I just wait well then anemia was 4 months ago a weeks ago when I did a blood test the said everything was OK that's what's worrying me so can you please help me asap and tell me what to do
    Uber Member

Aug 16, 2009, 04:13 PM

So the dr did tell you you were anemic and put you on the iron pills?

If you need to get to the hospital you should go.

Iron really isn't good to take and there are alternatives I can give you but you would need to talk it over with the dr.
    I can find the sites. Basically it is eating more foods with iron and things like that. But you don't want to end up with way too much iron.

How many mg of the iron are you taking a day?

Aug 16, 2009, 04:25 PM
    so the dr did tell you you were anemic and put you on the iron pills?

If you need to get to the hospital you should go.

Iron really isn't good to take and there are alternatives I can give you but you would need to talk it over with the dr.
    I can find the sites. Basically it is eating more foods with iron and things like that. But you don't want to end up with way too much iron.

How many mg of the iron are you taking a day?
    Well they told me I was anemic I gave me iron vitamin pills called (glove it) but I have stopped taking it for a while they gave them to me 4 months ago but I still don't think this has anything to do with problem breathing I swear it feels like a sumo wrestler is sitting on my ribcage this happens 2-4 times a day I hope its not anything serious
    Uber Member

Aug 16, 2009, 04:41 PM

I have a problem with my breathing and chest hurting and I know mine is a potassium deficiency from drinking too much Pepsi.
    I felt like I was having a heart attack a few times.

Do you drink energy drinks?
    Some of them can cause that problem too

Aug 16, 2009, 05:03 PM
    I have a problem with my breathing and chest hurting and I know mine is a potassium deficiency from drinking too much Pepsi.
    I felt like I was having a heart attack a few times.

Do you drink energy drinks?
    Some of them can cause that problem too
    I drink a lot of pepsi and sometimes red bull
    But when I start to find it heat to breathe me heart starts to beat rapidly then I have to sit it feels like my heard is going to jump out my chest very weird feeling and its very scary at night when I am sleeping and this happen I feel like I am dying suffocating I don't know and I don't worry my family I don't want them to worry like always that's why I wan to check for myself before anything serious happens
    Uber Member

Aug 16, 2009, 05:08 PM

You need to quit the caffeine
    Caffeine also depletes your magnesium, potassium and other essential vitamins and minerals. I know it messed mine up.

Third, researchers are finding that drinking energy drinks such as Red Bull may increase the risk of stroke and heart attack, even in young adults. Studies have shown that healthy blood vessels can show some signs of damage after drinking just one can. It's for this reason that Red Bull is banned in France, Norway, Denmark, and Uruguay with other countries currently performing studies of their own.
    Uber Member

Aug 16, 2009, 05:15 PM

Besides getting your vitamins and minerals checked you should get your adrenals checked. Years of drinking Pepsi has caused me to have adrenaline exhaust from lack of potassium and magnesium. I think I have hypokalemia from it.

Also did I mention you should switch to sea salt too. That has helped me a lot.
    Also do not drink the ice from ice machines.
    hheath541 Posts: 2,762, Reputation: 584
    Experts

Aug 16, 2009, 05:23 PM

It may be dehydration or a vitamin imbalance or a respiratory infection or any number of other things. Once again, I would say just go to the doctor, or the hospital, and have them run whatever tests they feel are needed. And you should definitely tell your parents. They might know of a family history that may be behind it. At the very least, they need to know what's going on so they can help you.

Aug 16, 2009, 05:30 PM
    Besides getting your vitamins and minerals checked you should get your adrenals checked. Years of drinking Pepsi has caused me to have adrenaline exhaust from lack of potassium and magnesium. I think I have hypokalemia from it.

Also did I mention you should switch to sea salt too. That has helped me a lot.
    Also do not drink the ice from ice machines.
    Thanks so much you really helped a lot if I need anything else I will sure tell u OK :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why am I finding it so hard to let go? [ 7 Answers ]

OK so I'm a stuck in the past, really bad but I don't know why. I dumped my ex because my needs simply weren't being met. He knew that was the case for a long time. I don't miss what we had because it was rubbish (in terms of what I wanted out of it), but I miss him a lot. And I still love him....

Finding it hard to breath [ 3 Answers ]

Hi I have started having aproblem about 6 years ago I woke 1 night choking and finding it hard to breath.now it happens all difrent times specicerly after drinking or swolowing ichoke and find it hard to take a breth or breath out it last about 30 seconds but takes a few minets to get back to...

Finding it so hard. [ 46 Answers ]

My girlfriend of 6 years broke up with me recently. She said she had been feeling differently about me for a while now, maybe 8 months or so. She said she fell out of love with me, and it seemed to me she was just waiting for me to do something wrong so she could end it with me. That day came...

I'm finding this so hard! [ 12 Answers ]

My ex girlfriend came back to college yesterday aftera 4 week break, and after 4 weeks of us going no contact. She text me last night saying she understands the whole no contact thing but wants to say she's pleased for all the good things career wise that are going for me. She then added 'things...

Finding it hard to keep going. [ 1 Answers ]

I've never posted on a site like this or really stated my feelings like this before, but I need to find some outlet before I go crazy(er). At the moment my life seems like a living hell. I know others have it worse than I do, but really knowing that doesn't help too much. I have two young...

View more questions Search