Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kkayholidae87 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Aug 15, 2009, 07:47 PM
    Need office/entry-level/medical, evening/overnight job
    This is a pretty long situation to explain in words and it's a pretty sticky situation but here it goes...

I am a young adult who just got accepted into a nursing school, it begins in a few weeks and the classes are mon-fri, 11am to 1:30pm. I currently have a REALLY good job making REALLY good pay but my office hours are strictly full-time, mon-fri, 8am to 5pm. I have resigned due to the school hours. I have known about this for a few months now and been looking for a replacement job ever since. Now I am only 3 weeks away and still no job. I have tried everything and anything. I live on my own so I am responsible for paying rent, utilities, my car maintenance, gas for my car, food to eat, credit card bills, etc.

I have family to help with school but no one is able to help me with any of the other bills. I am in in the Northern VA area (Alexandria, Manassas, Herndon, Fairfax, Springfield, Woodbridge, Dale City, etc.).

I was just wondering if anyone knew of any job openings or any legal ways to make money (other then selling items online, pawning, etc.). I will need some sort of evening or over-night job to work with my school hours. Or know of any assistance program to help with food or neccesity items that do require you to have a child or dependent or anything like that. I have office experience and took phlebotomy certificate program in school but do not have experience.

This may be something no one can help or answer but I figured I'd give it a try since nothing else seems to work. Thank you to all who tried!
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 15, 2009, 07:50 PM

Did you ask your boss about flex-time while you are in school? That's how I kept my job while in grad school.

Aug 15, 2009, 07:56 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondergirl View Post
    Did you ask your boss about flex-time while you are in school? That's how I kept my job while in grad school.
    Unfortunately, I did try... it's a law firm and they have strict rules that you must work 40 hrs per week, and must be between 8am and 5pm, there is no business/work after 5pm or on weekends for support staff. (I wish they did) :(

Aug 15, 2009, 08:03 PM
    Looking for LEGIT jobs from home
    Are there any LEGIT telecommunication/work from home/online jobs?

I am resigning from my current career to go to nursing school which requires many class/clinical hours and I cannot find ANY jobs with my available hours.

(not any eBay or selling jobs online though - I have nothing to sell)
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 15, 2009, 08:06 PM

Check Libraryland -- academic, hospital, law, public, corporate.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Aug 15, 2009, 08:09 PM

Please do one post per topic

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/job-hu...ob-387248.html

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/other-...ls-387243.html
    mudweiser Posts: 2,750, Reputation: 707
    Ultra Member

Aug 15, 2009, 08:14 PM

I suggest trying to join motivated moms: http://www.motivated-moms.com/ [you don't have to be a mom to join]

I did it but it wasn't for me.

What you do is basically recruit people to join Melaleuca and start their membership there.

You build your own team and work up from there.

It's a lot of telephone calling, persuading and typing.

You can make your own hours, and they do "train" you.

There were people that got paid 100$ a month for doing this and there were others that got paid 1000$+.

If you really work at it then you can succeed. It's not all daisies and lovebirds, it can get frustrating when your sitting there on the telephone trying to persuade someone to join and waiting for new leads.

Sarah
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 15, 2009, 09:43 PM

NoHelp was trying to explain the site rules to you. You have started several threads on similar subject, future ones may be deleted

Aug 15, 2009, 09:56 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    NoHelp was trying to explain the site rules to you. You have started several threads on simular subject, future ones may be deleted
    I'm not sure who you or NOHELP is or why you are responding to my question about "rules"... it really doesn't matter and it's not that serious. I posted it in different subjects because of the fact that the question can pertain to different subjects, I wanted to be sure that people answering these questions had a chance to see it, depending on the subject they were reviewing. If this is a problem for either of you, then do not read/answer any of my questions.

THANK YOU! :D
    Uber Member

Aug 15, 2009, 10:05 PM

Yeah it doesn't matter who me or Fr_chuck are BUT the rules are one post per topic therefore it is not a matter of if we have a problem with it.
    If that is your attitute then maybe nogody should read/answer your post because we all say the same thing -->one post per topic.

Multiple posts do not get you extra answers because we all read all the boards
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 15, 2009, 10:07 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by kkayholidae87 View Post
    I'm not sure who you or NOHELP is or why you are responding to my question about "rules"...it really doesn't matter and it's not that serious. I posted it in different subjects because of the fact that the question can pertain to different subjects, I wanted to be sure that people answering these questions had a chance to see it, depending on the subject they were reviewing. If this is a problem for either of you, then do not read/answer any of my questions.
    FrChuck is one of the moderators, and is just trying to keep the boards from getting cluttered up with the same posts and answers.

You don't have to post your questions in more than one category. Once you post it, the question will come up on a generic board that everyone can see.

I had suggested that you look for a job in libraries. The times are usually flexible, since libraries are open from 9 a.m until 9 p.m. (or later, as for academic libraries) plus on weekends. Some of the jobs demand a degree in library science, but many do no. A high school diploma is sufficient. People skills and willingness to help are the major requirements. The pay would range from $8-15 or more, depending on what you do and the type of library.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 15, 2009, 10:18 PM

Are you anywhere near colleges, high schools, junior colleges? How about proofreading, editing, and typing papers for students? Most of the manuscript transfers can take place electronically, via email and attachments. You can charge extra for editing.
    mudweiser Posts: 2,750, Reputation: 707
    Ultra Member

Aug 15, 2009, 10:58 PM
    I'm not sure who you or NOHELP is or why you are responding to my question about "rules"...it really doesn't matter and it's not that serious. I posted it in different subjects because of the fact that the question can pertain to different subjects, I wanted to be sure that people answering these questions had a chance to see it, depending on the subject they were reviewing. If this is a problem for either of you, then do not read/answer any of my questions.

THANK YOU! :D
    This is not a good way to start your time here on AMHD...

-eek

Sarah

Aug 16, 2009, 09:54 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by mudweiser View Post
    This is not a good way to start your time here on AMHD...

-eek

Sarah
    Look, I am NEW to this site and didn't know that people who answer the questions saw all posts, I thought they answered/reviewed in only specifice categories that they had knowledge in. Again, it is not that serious to make comments on. I didn't know that this was a "chat room/myspace" type of thing. I just needed some simple advice from people with more knowledge and who want to help. I will take my time and questions else where... THANK YOU to THOSE who did try to help, I am looking into the ideas given, hopefully one works.
    Uber Member

Aug 16, 2009, 09:58 PM

I hope they work for you too
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Aug 16, 2009, 10:01 PM
    Look, I am NEW to this site and didn't know that people who answer the questions saw all posts, I thought they answered/reviewed in only specifice categories that they had knowledge in. Again, it is not that serious to make comments on. I didn't know that this was a "chat room/myspace" type of thing. I just needed some simple advice from people with more knowledge and who want to help. I will take my time and questions else where...THANK YOU to THOSE who did try to help, I am looking into the ideas given, hopefully one works.
    AMHD is NOT a myspace/chatroom thing.

If you are any good at art or writing, there are things you can do at home to earn money. Your library should have (or can get through interlibrary loan) a book called Work at Home Sourcebook by Lynie Arden (Home Page). It has tons of ideas, especially of the type I already mentioned. Your library may have additional books regarding working at home, since this is a hot topic right now.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cleaning estimate on 4,000 sq foot medical office [ 4 Answers ]

I am an established cleaner in Nevada. I have a client who would like me to clean her office that is 4,000 sq ft. 4 days a week. How much should I charge? I was thing .25 per sq ft.

Bidding on data entry office [ 1 Answers ]

I am going this week to look at two locations both are data entry offices, one is 35,000 sq ft and the other is 28,000 sq ft, they want the same cleaning service for both locations, and they want them cleaned every night, just the reg cleaning, bathrooms, empty trashcans, lite dusting, vacuuming,...

Collection Notice-Medical Office [ 1 Answers ]

I live in Georgia, I received 2 statements from a doctors office over the weekend. No one in our family has been to this office in last year, so I called and ask what it was from. I was told that they got a new computer system, and they merged with the old computers that were not previously...

Medical office procedures [ 5 Answers ]

A patient at the doctor office called to make an appointment on the following tueday at 3pm for a yearly physical. You check the schedul and find that the physician has a perosnal appointment at that time. What should you say to the patient?

View more questions Search