Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tazz777_777 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 15, 2009, 07:27 PM
    Loans for felons
    I am a tree climber in louisville ky I would like to obtain a loan for a bucket truck and a chipper but I am a convicted felon. S no one will loan me the money. Does anyone know of any ORG. that may help me thank you
    morgaine300 Posts: 6,561, Reputation: 276
    Uber Member

Aug 15, 2009, 09:19 PM

I just did a search on here for this because I knew there'd been several questions on this. I personally don't know - I was just going to suggest the Small Business Administration, but you can read what people had to say in these other posts:

Ask Me Help Desk - Search Results
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Aug 15, 2009, 11:05 PM
    Hi, tazz777_777!

Once a person has done their time and paid their "dues" to society, there free to apply for loans just like anyone else.

When you've applied for loans, do you bring up the fact that you have a felony conviction on your record? If so, I would suggest not doing that. Additionally, has anyone who might be able to loan you money, said that because you have a felony conviction on your record, that you're not eligible for a loan?

The main thing that creditors are going to look for is your credit score and your ability to pay back a loan.

If you truly do have a problem obtaining a loan because of a record of a felony conviction then I would suggest seeking out the services of an entity like the Safer Foundation. Here is a link for them. Home - Safer Foundation

If they might not be able to directly help you where you're located, they might know another entity that can.

Thanks!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Government grants or loans for convicted felons [ 5 Answers ]

Are there government grants or loans for convicted felons to go to school.

Grants or Loans for Ex-Felons [ 4 Answers ]

My-name is Victor I'm an ex-felon HI EVERYONE my ? Is am I eligible for a small business loan or grant

Convicted Felons and Home Loans? [ 2 Answers ]

Hello all! I am writing to ask about convicted felons in Texas being able to apply for a home loan. My sister-in-law has a boyfriend that is a convicted felon... drug charges from years ago. He has done all his time and everything and they are now trying to buy a home as they are...

View more questions Search