Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tufa4311 Posts: 30, Reputation: 4

Dec 23, 2009, 12:06 PM
    Hi ScottGem,

Thx! In terms of what forms I filled out to apply for derivative citizenship: just to be clear, one does not "apply" for derivative citizenship. Derivative Citizenship is actually conveyed upon a person by operation of law (in this case former INA Section 321), and this conveyance just happens when one has met all the conditions of that law (even if the person is not aware that they have met the conditions-there are actually many, many LPR's walking around today that in fact are USC but don't know it... ). The tricky part is proving this-and the only way a person that derived citizenship through the naturalization of a parent or parents can prove this is with a US Passport or a Certificate of Citizenship. So, to answer your question, the one and only form I filled out was a DS-11 Application for a US Passport. The supplementary documentation I provided along with my Passport Application was: my green card (which proved I was an LPR), my fathers certificate of naturalization, and my parents separation agreement (which proved my USC parent had joint custody of me).

In terms of what my disagreements were on this post, the only issue was that everyone was saying that I had to have my own certificate of citizenship first before I could get a US Passport. To quote 2 previous comments: "You need to go through the N-600 to get proof of citizenship, that you can use to get your passport." / "To obtain US passport....if you're naturalized, you need to submit certificate of naturalization"

Or at least that was my interpretation of what was being told to me here. Please note, I am very thankful for all the help I got here and elsewhere, weather any one persons comment was 100% correct all of them still helped me to gain a bit more insight and to do more research.

Hope I answered your questions. Happy to continue to comment.

Dec 23, 2009, 12:10 PM

On more point regarding applying in person: since it was my first passport application I had to apply in person. The rules clearly state that if one has never been issues a passport before they must apply in person at an Acceptance Facility or Passport Agency

Dec 24, 2009, 11:47 AM
    Fed-ex just knocked on my door and I have my US Passport Book and my US Passport Card in hand! Happy Holidays!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Derivative Issues [ 6 Answers ]

Hello everyone! So my professor gave us 100 derivative problems for our review guide, and I am not sure how to do these ones, please help! For these you have to find the derivative: f(x) = ln(9 x+2) h(x) = e^(x+38) g(x) = 18^x

Can my US Citizenship daughter claim me (father) for US residence? [ 1 Answers ]

My daughter is a US citizenship 21 years old. My question is: can she claim me to obtain US residence or a green card? What are the requirements to meet for that process? Thank you for your assistance.

Derivative again [ 8 Answers ]

Please help me with this one also... The perimeter of a window, made in the shape of a semicircle on a rectangle, is 4m. Find its dimensions if the area is to be a maximum?

Second derivative [ 5 Answers ]

Hello, I am wondering how to differentiate an equation when I have a power of x and a constant in the denominator, for example: y=a/(e^(x+b)+c), where a,b,c are any number bar zero. I could do it easily without that c there, but this has me stumpped.

Expoential Derivative Help [ 5 Answers ]

What is the first and seconf derivative of 250x^2/e^3x

View more questions Search