Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    izumi_puppy Posts: 43, Reputation: 2

Aug 15, 2009, 02:27 PM
    Braking noises
    I got a 2005 toyota highlander and when I applied the brakes it makes a clicking noise, from the rear side.

If you any ideas. Please tell me.
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Aug 15, 2009, 05:18 PM

Could it be from the anti-lock brake system? You may want to pull the rear wheels and look everything over. If you have shoes, check the rivets and shoe thickness. Every couple years, it's a good idea to remove ABS Sensors (Torx E8) and clean them with a spritzled rag. Be sure to change the brake fluid every 2 years with an ABS-approved fluid. It can be very expensive to neglect changing fluid on ABS.

You might also want to inspect the wheel bearings.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My girlfriend attempts suicide when I try braking up [ 18 Answers ]

It's been a while since I've tried to brake up with my girlfriend. I can't never actually achieve it because she sort of threatens me that she will kill herself because she can't live without me. So this past time I tried braking up thinking she really wouldn't do anything, she did. She cut her...

Braking windows password [ 1 Answers ]

Hi men I am in big trouble since I forgot the admin user password of my PC now I can't have access to my favorites files can you help me find the password .I use vista

Braking [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 1998 cavilier and when I brake hard the car jerks and the back brakes come on and off drasticly and then lock up. This is worse when there is snow on the ground or when its wet. I would just like to disconect the abs system but I'm not sure how and a garage won't do it Any help with...

Braking up with my girlfriend [ 5 Answers ]

I was seeing my girlfriend for three months after been together for a month she sends me an email saying she didn't realise how hard uni was going to be for her this year and that she didn't have time for a relationship and she was sorry and that. Then about 5 hours after she ended it she is...

View more questions Search