Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    COCOALACIE46 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Aug 15, 2009, 11:44 AM
    Power of attorney
    My friend had poa for her dad. He has passed away. She wanted to put her name on the deed to his hose. She does not have the original poa form and the attorney gave her both the originals and only has a copy. She lost both originals.
    Can she still put her name on the deed using a copy of the poa.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Aug 15, 2009, 11:51 AM

Power of Attorney is only in force while the father was alive and no longer able to sign due to illness. If she is the sole beneficiary, she needs to ask advice of her attorney if she wants to change the deed, if the property was bequeated to her, that is.

Tick
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Aug 15, 2009, 01:07 PM

The POA died when the father died. Now she needs to probate the Will (if there is one) or consult with an Attorney about setting up and closing an estate.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Power of attorney [ 3 Answers ]

Can my wife give one of the kids power of attorney if we are still married and not having problems if she is on her death bed

Fee for being Power of Attorney [ 5 Answers ]

A sister and myself are co-power of attorney for another sister. Can we charge a fee? If so, how much? Does this vary by state? The POA was done in Pennsylvania. Thanks

Power of attorney [ 3 Answers ]

Can you get a power of attorney for a person than can no longer write or comprehend what you are asking? The person is terminally ill, in hospice.

Power of attorney [ 4 Answers ]

A friend, recently incarcerated in PA, was told by her mother that her grandmother left her a sizable inheritance (granny lived in NY). The mother now wants my friend to sign over power of attorney to her. While reading up trying to help my friend decide what to do (she is getting some negative...

Power of Attorney [ 2 Answers ]

My brother and I have been assigned power of attorney for both parents. I am afraid that my brother will go to the bank and put all of my parents assests in an account with his name only. Can he legally do this?

View more questions Search