Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Asher Posts: 43, Reputation: 1

Oct 24, 2006, 12:19 AM
    Explorer and program issues.
    This has been happening for the past few weeks now. It usually happens after a few hours of inactivity on the computer. I let it download and seed stuff on BT.
    Before, I received an Explorer runtime error..
    Which resulted in a crash of programs and the inability to open a folder window.

A few minutes ago when I got back on from leaving the computer inactive, the same thing happened..
    Except it didn't give me a pop-up error.
    My ZoneAlarm firewall had a huge X on the system tray icon(bottom right) too.
    It cannot shut down unless I push the external power button.
    I cannot open a new window or the task manager.. or any program from a shortcut.
    This continues to happen before and after I installed the new IE.

This happens frequently.

I use:
    Windows XP Pro SP2 updated with the most recent updates
    NOD32
    ZoneAlarm Basic
    PG2
    uTorrent
    MaxMem

Check out some similar questions!

CD Issues [ 2 Answers ]

OK, so I put a CD in and all it does is make a weird noise a couple times and not read the CD! I have Windows XP and it shows up that there's no CD in the Drive, what the hells going on?

Two issues [ 1 Answers ]

Sorry, I decided not to post... don't know how to delete threads! :)

Program [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I need it a program, about internal audit and risk management Thanks for help.

IE issues [ 5 Answers ]

Hey, I'm new here, so I need a little help. Last Sunday, Internet Explorer stopped working (I have Win XP, as well as high-speed cable Internet BTW). So two days later, I called the cable company, and they told me to run a node test. It came out clean. Then they told me about a program called ...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.